E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Interr rear view mirror, which one, does it matter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54
Question Interr rear view mirror, which one, does it matter?

I am looking to replace my interior rear view mirror as the auto dimming no longer works. The glass itself is pretty clean of leaks and no fading.

Looking on realoem, I see tons of model#s depending on the options. Mine has all of these options listed on that page and the only model# that matches is

Rearview mirror EC/LED /GTO/FLA/TLC 51169159093 $827.85

876 - 315MHz
430 - Int/ext Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-dazzle
431 - Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d
5AC - Autom. High-beam Headlights Control
5AD - Lane Deviation Warning

I am wondering what would be different between the above model and normal one with universal remote control (garage door opener), Auto dimming and LED for alarm system 315MHz other than the rear cover for camera? Are there any electronics inside the mirror housing that are specific to 5AC and 5AD?

thanks in advance for any helpful info
Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by E61FUN
Have you run a VIN check to see what came on your car?
Yes, I did and that how I got those options codes and I also have window sticker as well.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by E61FUN
All the sensors are up against the windshield in the mirror mount base. Could you merge a used or new anti-dazzle mirror portion you need with the base? (the anti-dazzle sensor is mirror-side, isn't it?)
I removed the cover and immediately realized that all the sensors are attached to the mirror mount. Nothing inside the mirror except for Auto dimming. Am I right? Look at the pictures below. If what I am predicting is correct in the pictures, I should be able to get away with just replacing the mirror housing with a good used one except that I am not sure if its easy to separate the housing from the base. Atleast its not easy at all in my Alfa, so not sure in this case. Any thoughts?

Last edited by pavjayt; 05-04-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:24 PM
New Members

Anybody have any idea on how to remove the mirror housing from its housing at its hinge?
thanks