5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   Rear bumper for quad exhaust (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/rear-bumper-quad-exhaust-149359/)

Danyole 02-13-2019 12:44 AM

Rear bumper for quad exhaust

hello, everyone

i have only posted on here stating how I wanted an E61. Well, I’ve had one for a few months now, but I’m already bored. I’m coming from a 7xx hp sti and the horsepower bug bit me for the wagon. I have a lot of parts lined up and don’t want to spill the beans too much, but I am wondering what people use for bumpers when they have quad tip exhausts?

Thank you

pocholin 02-13-2019 06:40 AM

Have you read the things you have to do in order to put a functional quad exhaust? You gotta ask yourself if it is worth the effort and cost, if you're looking to doing it for the looks only. You have to remove the rear air suspension along with the compressor and code them out.
If you're looking to do it for performance gains you can accomplish the same with the current bumper, just upgrade cat-back exhaust.

You can source the bumper from Umniza or ECS, a regular 550i bumper should fit (OEM M5 doesn't fit).

PS, you can achieve the same type of HP as your STi, just look at what USCBWSR has done to his White wagon.

Danyole 02-13-2019 09:14 AM

Yeah I’ve seen what you have to do. I planned on ditching the stock suspension anyways. Going full static.
I have definitely read Evan’s build more than once. Haha. Super clean!
As for the quad exhaust it’s mostly for looks since I hate the rear bumper that comes stock on the E61’s.
Thanks for informing me about the 550i bumper. Never knew about that. I’ll see if I can find something.

GTYellowJacket 02-13-2019 05:22 PM

The compressor can actually be relocated to the center of the car behind the behind the bumper cover to accommodate a quad setup (although it sounds like you’ve made up your mind to ditch it). For me, the rear air suspension works well with KW V3’s and a stiffer rear sway bar.

There are a few options for the bumper cover, but according to Realoem and all information I’ve seen, the sedan bumper covers do not fit the wagons (note the tail light shape).

For those of us with M-sports cars, a quad diffuser can be sourced and it’s a simple swap. Otherwise you can convert to M-Sport with a quad diffuser or get an OEM M5 wagon bumper cover from the European wagon. There are knockoffs too if you don’t want to go OEM.

Danyole 02-13-2019 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket (Post 1598969)
The compressor can actually be relocated to the center of the car behind the behind the bumper cover to accommodate a quad setup (although it sounds like you’ve made up your mind to ditch it). For me, the rear air suspension works well with KW V3’s and a stiffer rear sway bar.

There are a few options for the bumper cover, but according to Realoem and all information I’ve seen, the sedan bumper covers do not fit the wagons (note the tail light shape).

For those of us with M-sports cars, a quad diffuser can be sourced and it’s a simple swap. Otherwise you can convert to M-Sport with a quad diffuser or get an OEM M5 wagon bumper cover from the European wagon. There are knockoffs too if you don’t want to go OEM.

It's as easy as swapping out a diffuser and I can have a quad exhaust set up?

I've always had KW's on my subarus. How do you like your V3's? Whats the spring rates with the heavy wagon?

Thanks!