E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Pics of My New E61 MSport

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

An opportunity came up to trade my 2004 E60 sport for a 2006 E61 M Sport. Although my sedan was a tremendous vehicle, the E61 is a bit better in my opinion from a ride and handling perspective.

A quick pic for fellow forum members to comment on.

Ipod install is scheduled for Monday next week.

Pics of My New E61 MSport-e61.jpg[attachment=30125:attachment]
Old 09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 - 525Da with sports pack & some more stuff (color = carbon black with kastanjebraun leather)

ahaa,

good taste, congrats on the swap ...

did you keep the original rft tires ? are they ok ?

J.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Contributors

I love the E61 in black.

Manual? Perfect!

And the panoramic sunroof is a good choice also.

Very nice car!
Congrats

Matts
Old 09-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

xtype

Yes the original RFT Bridgestones are on the car. They seem to be fine so far. I had Goodyear RFT's on my E60 and had no issues. It seems that the Bridgestones may be quieter than the Goodyears were.

Matts,
Panoramic sunroof is standard in Canada. I love the Carbon Black , especially in direct sunlight.

Thanks for your kind words.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

Your ride looks sweet without the roof rails. Enjoy.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Members

how does the carbon black compare the the black sapphire on your e60? i am contemplating getting an e61 black/black just as you have.

sweet ride!

btw, can americans purchase BMWs from canada for use in the US without much conversion issues?

dc
Old 09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dchang' post='334060' date='Sep 13 2006, 11:35 AM
how does the carbon black compare the the black sapphire on your e60? i am contemplating getting an e61 black/black just as you have.

sweet ride!

btw, can americans purchase BMWs from canada for use in the US without much conversion issues?
dc

Both carbon and saphire would be some work to keep clean. I was my car frequently so for me it is not a big deal. Balck saphire is a deep black metallic - no other hint of color. Carbon black has a blue shade to it in direct sunlight. Both will require frequent waxing to look their best.

You could import a Canadian car into the states but it would be considered "grey market" - at a minimum, you would need a new speedo cluster as ours are all in km only. I do not believe that you could get the Maintenance program transfered to the states but I could be wrong on that point. I believe the warranty would be unaffected as it is 4 years in both CA and states. You would have to pay taxes and duty of course.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='334095' date='Sep 13 2006, 11:52 AM
Both carbon and saphire would be some work to keep clean. I was my car frequently so for me it is not a big deal. Balck saphire is a deep black metallic - no other hint of color. Carbon black has a blue shade to it in direct sunlight. Both will require frequent waxing to look their best.

You could import a Canadian car into the states but it would be considered "grey market" - at a minimum, you would need a new speedo cluster as ours are all in km only. I do not believe that you could get the Maintenance program transfered to the states but I could be wrong on that point. I believe the warranty would be unaffected as it is 4 years in both CA and states. You would have to pay taxes and duty of course.

thanks for the reply. that was quite helpful. in the US we have jet black. is that equivalent to carbon black. in the dealer lot last month i did not think i could appreciate a huge difference although the black sapphire had more of a sparkly, metallic finish. i guess it would be more hassle and no advantage to purchase from BMW CA vs. US for my situation.

dc
Old 09-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Contributors

Jet black is non-metallic - black saphire is a metallic paint.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='334372' date='Sep 14 2006, 09:22 AM
Jet black is non-metallic - black saphire is a metallic paint.
personal preference, both look great when clean and shiny

Quick Reply: Pics of My New E61 MSport