E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Phone contact pairing with the Galaxy S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone contact pairing with the Galaxy S4

I updated phone this weekend to the new Galaxy S4. It connects via bluetooth (no issue) however from the iDrive (Communication) it does not list the contacts from the phone. Everything worked well with my older Galaxy S. I searched on the web and found some fixes pertaining to the Galaxy S3 and BMW pairing, nothing on the S4.

Anyone on the forum using the Galaxy S4 with the E60/E61? Thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I would pair again and carefully watch the phone right after, as there is usually a popup on there asking if you would like to share contacts etc. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Yeah, maybe go into the phone's bluetooth settings after, and check for the settings on the BMW connection, and make sure Contacts is on.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I would pair again and carefully watch the phone right after, as there is usually a popup on there asking if you would like to share contacts etc. Good luck!
I do see the message popup on the phone stating the BMW04810 wants to access the contacts. Click on OK, nothing happens and the message keeps on poping up.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

did you delete the previous phone via idrive...

also, OS was your S3 running? the s4 comes with the latest jelly bean right, so wonder if it's the phone's sw...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gene
did you delete the previous phone via idrive...

also, OS was your S3 running? the s4 comes with the latest jelly bean right, so wonder if it's the phone's sw...
Yes, deleted the old Galaxy S via idrive. It may be the latest jelly bean os...
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Members

All is functional, contacts displayed on the iDrive. Got into my car, Bluetooth active on the phone, prompted to proceed with syncing of the contacts and just kept pressing ok (took about 20 times) and eventually everything got synced. Now I am happy...

By the way, the Galaxy S4 is one impressive phone.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by vanos
All is functional, contacts displayed on the iDrive. Got into my car, Bluetooth active on the phone, prompted to proceed with syncing of the contacts and just kept pressing ok (took about 20 times) and eventually everything got synced. Now I am happy...

By the way, the Galaxy S4 is one impressive phone.
glad it worked out..

I'm waiting to see if VZW announces the HTC one for their network..if not I might get the S4..either way I"m sick of the iOs platform and my iPhone5, but that's a topic and discussion for another thread...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Hopefully it'll keep working. I say that because I don't think our cars actually store the contacts. I'm fairly certain they don't, as every time I get in the car, if I try to go into contacts on iDrive right away, it says it's trying to load them. Why else would it say that if it's stored them and just simply pulls them up as soon as it figures out which phone has just sync'd?

We have two phones sync'd to the car: mine and my wife's. Both iPhones.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Gene
glad it worked out..

I'm waiting to see if VZW announces the HTC one for their network..if not I might get the S4..either way I"m sick of the iOs platform and my iPhone5, but that's a topic and discussion for another thread...
The HTC One was my 2nd choice (close 2nd to the S4).

Quick Reply: Phone contact pairing with the Galaxy S4