E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Order placed 530xdA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d E61 Silver Gray, Black Dakota / Maple, Roof rails, Logic 7 / 124 Rims for summer / 138 for winter

Hi,

after a month of deliberation and a steady flow of information from this forum, I have - today - placed an order for a 530xdA Touring. I will know on monday, weather I have a place in July's production, or if it will the wait will torment me 1 month longer.

As Dr. Smith in the original Lost in Space would put it: Oh - the pain, the pain!

My pleasure-dome will erect itself in Monaco blue wirh a Beige dakota interior. Sport-seats and 13 other options (in this, the country of country of "nothing-included", i.e. Finland)

Any pictures of a Monaco Touring with beige seats are highly appreciated

PS. by pure co-incidence a friend of mine picked up his 530d sedan when I was finalizing my order

best wishes, Staffan
Old 06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

welcome and congrats on the car
Old 06-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

welcome ssevon!

Happy waiting!

Skaffa
Old 09-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Members

Congratulations to my compatriot for your good choice! I received my "pleasure-dome" in June and after 3200 kms, I have had no regrets! The car is precisely the same as yours (different colours), but I think my list of options is shorter. Leather yes, but sport-seats were left out.

Did you already get the car or are you still waiting?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

Hi guys!

I would really appreciate your inputs / experiences on the 530xd.

As you can see in my profile ( and read in my 330xd thread ) I have ordered a 330xd touring, but I?m now considering a 530xd instead. Just because of the looooong delivery time on the 330
Old 09-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Members

Hi Cidar,

I've been very pleased with my 530 xda. I used to have a C-class MB, with 2-litre petrol engine, and it is my only other reference of "premium"cars.

Compared to the MB, the BMW is of course bigger (but you should not compare apples and watermelons). But a disappointment is that when we installed a back-forwards-facing childseat (recommended in Nordic countries) in the backseat, it was not big enough! Now there is not very much space for adjusting the front passanger seat.

The engine is also bigger and much more powerful. The real difference can be felt in speed exceeding 120 km/h though. It gives you a big smile! The transmission works much better than in MB, but that can of course be a result of the more powerful engine.

As I received the car this summer, I have not yet experienced the four-weel drive. I wish for a bad winter this year

Controls and the interior design do still look strange to me, after MB, but I'll get used to them.

One big disappointment has been the iPod interface. I left out the CD-charger from the options, since the dealer told me that you cannot later have Ipod interface, if you have CD-charger. But when the car was delivered to me, I was told that some radical changes had been made to this model, and the iPod interface was no longer available. Will it be in the future? I have followed discussion here and asked local dealer and no-one seems to know anything. So now I don't have iPod interface or CD-charger. Instead, I have my iPod connected to AUX, and wires are everywhere. Doesn't look good :thumbsdown:

Despite some disappointments, I'm very happy with the car and I do recommend it. Is there anything specific you want to know? One's opinion of a car depends much from one's needs.

regards
Old 11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530 Touring XDA E61 M-Kit,X-Drive,and more n more :)

Hi Cidar,

well done ! I just signed the contract for exactly the same car for next year after the Facelift !

BMW here offered some special rates for leasing ...thats the reason why i ordered it now already !

Have fun
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Members

My Ride: * 2007 BMW 530xd M pack E61 - NAVI Professional - High Executive - Comfort Seats Leather Dakota Kastanie Braun - Carbon Schwarz - Hifi Professional Logic7 - Safety Glass - Remapped 292 HP 633,6 NM - * 2002 Opel Corsa 1.7dti Sport - Elec.airco - Thermical glas - Proteq - Kempower tuning 100 hp

Originally Posted by icefly' post='352198' date='Nov 4 2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Cidar,

well done ! I just signed the contract for exactly the same car for next year after the Facelift !

BMW here offered some special rates for leasing ...thats the reason why i ordered it now already !

Have fun
I also ordered this car. I will receive her beginning 2007

BMW 530xd Touring with M kit.

- Navi Professional
- BMW Logic7 audio system + cd changer
- M Kit
- Comfort Seats
- High Executive Pack (Adaptive Xenon, ...)
- Proteq Care
- Bluetooth Handy
- Carbon Schwarz + Leather Dakota Black
- Thermal Isolated Glass
- Park Distance Control
Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

After taking delivery of my 330xd, and driving 1600 km, I can only say i?m very satisfied with the car.
4WD is something different from 2WD And what a nice engine. Just wounderful!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

I can actually drive twice the distance, compared to the M5, before refuelling

Quick Reply: Order placed 530xdA