E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

new XiT

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530I

Wow you have seat warmers in the back and aux plug, never knew they had those Wonder how much would it cost to get the back seat warmers put in and the aux plug hmmm Oh yeah nice car bro ahha looks nice and well equiped.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

on board and congrats on your new pride and joy

Looks great.
Are those winter rims?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
Guess who ordered that on the next car...
Highly useful ! Love it!!

What car have you ordered ? What options does your E61 LCI have? I might be interested even though it's a petrol.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

Looks like you're missing the two bits of plastic trim from the lower front grille.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 E61, blue exterior, grey interior, sport, premium, nav, other stuff

hi all
thanks for the complements! those are the winter rims/tires that came with the vehicle, no second set, so my thought is that I will get another set of rims for winter (The rubber is Yokahama M&S 245/45 18s), switch them over and get some all-season rubber...Canada is a wet and wild place at the best of times.
I wondered if there was some trim piece missing at the front, the vehicle is equipped with adaptive cruise control (now that is a nice option) so I imagine that there should be some kind of cover, "perforated" as that is where the radar unit sits that monitors the vehicles that would appear to the front...Vehicle will be in the shop on Thursday and we'll ask the question about covers.

george
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Re the cover. The cars I've seen in Scandinavia with auto cruise haven't any cover, but this may be country specific.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 E61, blue exterior, grey interior, sport, premium, nav, other stuff

well it only took a week and here comes the dreaded battery problem...sigh, that took 300 beans for new battery and programming the computer to tell it about the battery. The other issue was the rear glass access door did not work so that is getting replaced and the rear brake sensor is also gone south so 100 beans for that. The dealer I bought it from (not BMW) will pay for the rear window but he is not happy about the battery says Otto's BMW is overpriced...hopefully we can come to a compromise on that issue, but hey business is business and there are always repeat customers or not...

wife is happy now that the car does not go insane before it starts...

cheers

george
Old 02-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Members

new battery makes the car do its "electronic things" without issue, now she runs like a charm. Wife drove up this morning to get the rear tailgate window fixed (I'm half way across the world doing army guy stuff in the Middle East, so she gets to enjoy "my" car) and had to drive to the dealer in a winter storm ..."only" six inches of snow fell, and she said that it was a charm to drive - great grip and control, only worry she had was all the other dufuses on the road

seems that when I get back in april someone is gonna have to wrestle keys from someone else...

cheers and happy driving

george
Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Good to hear you got the battery sorted and that the x-Drive is getting your wife around safely

And good luck getting the car back when you return!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by macjager
pics inside ones to follow...

george
Hi and welcome to the forum. I wish you a lot of fun with your new ride.
Why it is without the two side covers on the lower front grill?

Quick Reply: new XiT