E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hi all! I'm really glad you like the photos and our city .. it is always very friendly except January and February which can be very cold indeed Autumn time is romantic I have to admit (not as romantic as Paris though.. ).

I'm also glad you like this E61 combo. It is certainly a good whip I don't know why but I drive slower then my old sedan.. maybe it's the whole sport suspension + bigger wheels + absence of active steering thing. The ride is just different and I like it more. It's more BMW-like.
I thought I would buy this CPO and sell my old E60 but nobody wants it yet so my car park gets bigger which isn't necessarily better ... but at least my wife brings groceries quickly

I got a simple tiny camera but I'll do my best, catch some sun rays' reflections and post some more photos soon!!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='691889' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:00 PM
Congrats on the new car!! BTW, what's the deal with the leaves on the trees there in Prague? Yellow, Orange and Red?? Here in Southern California there are mostly Green, Brown or smoldering!
Do you mean this? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=63422&hl=

Oh man .. I read about it as a natural forest regeneration process but it's easy to stay calm when you are 10.000miles away ..
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by hondik' post='692138' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:04 PM
Do you mean this? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=63422&hl=

Oh man .. I read about it as a natural forest regeneration process but it's easy to stay calm when you are 10.000miles away ..
This is our Santa Ana wind season, also known as our fire season. It blows through, sometimes with disastrous effect! Thanks again for the great pictures!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Members

oh prauge, what a great city... some of the stuff i've done in that city would kill my presidential campagne pretty dam quick. Got i love that city...

wish i was there right now...
Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Contributors

hey - what are you doing with pictures of my old car?

You are aware that this baby express looks harmless but in reality it beats the everymans porsche (boxter in europe) from the traffic light....

....and I thought you were going to take a more economical car next time

....I am sure you now need a set of 19" winter wheels
Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Members

congratz.... i dig it
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Hondik-- is there much difference between the Monaco Blue on your previous ride and the Carbon Black ?? How do they compare under different conditions:
- sunny / cloudy
- day light / evening light
- clean / dirty

Just curious, because a lot of the time, I can't really see much of difference between the colours, but you should now be the expert!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

congrats on the new ride - enjoy !

cheers for the pics
Old 10-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='693545' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:20 AM
Hondik-- is there much difference between the Monaco Blue on your previous ride and the Carbon Black ?? How do they compare under different conditions:
- sunny / cloudy
- clean / dirty

Just curious, because a lot of the time, I can't really see much of difference between the colours, but you should now be the expert!
There is a big difference indeed. I have the previous Monaco Blue - it's called Orient Blue. It's darker than Monaco.

Let's say that you'd get Carbon Black if your priority is black over blue and vice versa.

- sunny / cloudy
Sunny Orient - blueish / violet
Cloudy Orient - violet / blackish
Sunny Carbon - blue reflections on black
Cloudy Carbon - blackish ..

Day Orient - blueish
Evening Orient - stylish and classy - not a mafia car at all
Day Carbon - dark blueish/black very nice
Evening Carbon - stylish black and a bit mafia, yes

- clean / dirty
Clean Orient - beautiful!
Dirty Orient - filthy and not nice at all
Clean Carbon - stunning and deep
Dirty Carbon - plain black

I still have both cars so I can take them out on and make few comparison pictures, that way you'll see the best.

For now, have a look at these pics of Orient Blue
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_4463.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_3216_2.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_4432.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_4433.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_4446.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_0609.jpg
New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_4465.jpg
Attached Thumbnails New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)-img_0609.jpg  
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Contributors

and compare them to the pics of Carbon Black above ... I'll provide better ones sometime soon

Quick Reply: New Touring onboard! Baby carrier express! :)