E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New (today) 535xiT

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congrats!
Nice choice of mods -- especially the 384hp remap!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

congrats. looks good
Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xiT

Well looks like it will be a few weeks or so before the Dinan upgrade. After the dealer spent a couple hours trying to get it to download properly they find that my car is to new and the current upgrade won't work with the MIP (???) on my car.

So the 10th of April is when the next software update comes out and guess they'll try again at that time. Bummer ... but now I'll have a chance to see how the car is preupdate.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by 535xiT' post='545037' date='Mar 14 2008, 08:26 PM
Here are some before and after pix of my new (today) 535xiT (special ordered about 2 months ago). Optioned as follows. Space grey matalic with gray dakota leather, grey trim, bambooo anthracite wood trim,cold weather package, premium package, sport package, 18" wheels, park distance control, ipod/usb adapter, Logic 7 sound, and last but not least aerokit.

Pictures on the left (except for the last one) show the car pre-aero kit. Not the greatest pics but did it in a hurry with kinda crappy weather.

Next week it goes in for the addition of the Dinan ECU upgrade. Should make for a fairly quick car with 384 HP and 421 ft lb of torque. Traded my '04 545i 6 speed sport for this. Prior Bimmers include '00 528iT, '00 540, and '97 M3/4. The current garage houses an intercooled, supercharged '97 Porsche C4S with a bunch of suspension and other goodies. A FourTwo Smart car is on order (go figure).

The aerokit isn't cheap my any means but I think it really adds to the looks of the car. I noticed a lot of our European brothern have made this addition. Thought this would be of interest to people who are considering adding this to their order.
Fantastic! I have the very same setup in Black. Why didn't you get the kit put on at delivery? I never even saw my car without it.
There are Carbon fiber accents that are available on the BMW site as add ons to the Aero kit that I'm considering.
Please share your thoughts on the Dinan after install, I am seriously considering doing that and would love to hear some real world feedback on my car model.
Does anyone know insurance ramifications when getting the Dinan reprogram? Are we obligated to inform the insurer?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 535xiT' post='545203' date='Mar 15 2008, 09:55 AM
Oooops, forgot to add that this car is a 6 speed manual
Now you're talking! I had a '99 528it with a stick... what fun! We looked at a 530xit to replace it but the speed/$ ratio wasn't so good so we've got a Jeep SRT8 now... but a Demonized, I mean Dinan-ized wagon like yours could win me back. Thanks for the aero pics... I never realized how cool that package looks.

Thank-you for adding to the population of 3-pedal wagons!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xiT

Originally Posted by gene1' post='547084' date='Mar 18 2008, 02:50 PM
Fantastic! I have the very same setup in Black. Why didn't you get the kit put on at delivery? I never even saw my car without it.
There are Carbon fiber accents that are available on the BMW site as add ons to the Aero kit that I'm considering.
Please share your thoughts on the Dinan after install, I am seriously considering doing that and would love to hear some real world feedback on my car model.

Does anyone know insurance ramifications when getting the Dinan reprogram? Are we obligated to inform the insurer?
There is no way that an insurance company would know about the reprogram unless you told them ... and why would anyone tell those criminals anything more than necessary for them just to rip you off some more??? (sorry about the mini rant) The kit was put on before delivery. I took the before pix outside the dealers body shop before the work was done. The carbon fiber bits were just too much over the top for my taste.

I'll give you Dinan upgrade feedback when it happens. Can't wait!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by 535xiT' post='547517' date='Mar 19 2008, 10:56 AM
There is no way that an insurance company would know about the reprogram unless you told them ... and why would anyone tell those criminals anything more than necessary for them just to rip you off some more??? (sorry about the mini rant) The kit was put on before delivery. I took the before pix outside the dealers body shop before the work was done. The carbon fiber bits were just too much over the top for my taste.

I'll give you Dinan upgrade feedback when it happens. Can't wait!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing about the Dinan.
My concern with insurance is that I carry a hefty policy and wouldn't want to find out that it was void when I needed it because of a mod I did.
They did ask if I intended to modify when I bought the policy, I said no. Which was true at the time.

I had a previous bad experience when I learned that my Geico Motorcycle policy rental rider only covered rental MOTORCYCLES after totaling a Volvo Cross Country
(I did have the conversation with the rep when buying the policy, the monkey just didn't fully understand why I was buying 500K liability on a motorcycle, I was trying to cover rentals as I intended not to have a car for a year).
Luckily my business owners insurance and Amex paid for all damages.
So you see why I'm a bit leery of not being specific with these guys.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Beautiful! What are the "carbon fiber accents" mentioned? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Congrats to a beautiful car ... and a 535xi too - would I like to drive that car...?!?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by gene1' post='547577' date='Mar 19 2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing about the Dinan.
My concern with insurance is that I carry a hefty policy and wouldn't want to find out that it was void when I needed it because of a mod I did.
They did ask if I intended to modify when I bought the policy, I said no. Which was true at the time.

I had a previous bad experience when I learned that my Geico Motorcycle policy rental rider only covered rental MOTORCYCLES after totaling a Volvo Cross Country
(I did have the conversation with the rep when buying the policy, the monkey just didn't fully understand why I was buying 500K liability on a motorcycle, I was trying to cover rentals as I intended not to have a car for a year).
Luckily my business owners insurance and Amex paid for all damages.
So you see why I'm a bit leery of not being specific with these guys.

This mod has nothing to do with insurance. Your situation is unique to what you thought was covered, not an upgrade. No need to tell anyone other than us.

Quick Reply: New (today) 535xiT