E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

new (to me) e61 M-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xi touring wagon

Thanks Eric. 3 series is too small and no comfort seats. I guess I'll just keep driving my 2007 until either "the wheels fall off" or BMW wises up and starts bringing the "5" in again.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:53 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010, E61, 535i xDrive
Model Year: 2010

At some point we might have to switch to a Volvo or another equivalent size wagon.

As far as wagons in the US, similar size, Audi Allroad is very good looking but lacks the power, Volvo Polestar V60 looks like a better choice.

Last edited by pocholin; 04-29-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:20 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XiT Sport Wagon

Gotta wait 25 yrs before you can import it, could buy now and put it in storage . Also, don't move to Cali, you can never import it there legally as it won't meet smog regs.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:15 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 1985 M635, 2010 e61
Model Year: 1985

It's been nearly a year, and I thought I would post up an update on the car over the last 12 months. Overall we are still enjoying it very much. There have been a few issues as you might expect, but nothing I would consider selling the car over.

The closest I came to that was when I started getting a vibration under acceleration, which took a while to diagnose (it was the passenger side front axle) and the water pump went out at the same time. That was not a pleasant bill to cough up for, but part of buying a used car.

In addition to the costly work above, I had to replace 1 Vanos actuator, found a defective tire that kept slowly deflating and replaced it and I also went ahead and replaced all the coils and spark plugs. This was partially done as a preventative measure. I got a couple of codes for misfires on 2 cylinders and I wanted to eliminate the possibility of the coils and plugs.

On my car the rear bank of fuel injectors had been replaced prior to my purchase. The front bank was still running the original injectors. It took a couple of trips to the dealer and the latest cold snap, but I was finally able to get BMW to cough up for the the front bank so I now have all -12 injectors. Was glad to have gotten that taken care of as I am at 113k miles now and the injectors are covered up to 120k miles. At this stage I believe all recalls and bulletins have been done on the car. A side benefit was the dealer went through and looked over the whole engine and found a couple of other small items that need addressing and listed those out for me, including part numbers, so now I can get my parts and fix those items myself for about 10% of the quoted cost to fix. It's a bit dumbfounding how they can list the kind of costs to repair with a straight face. The labor rates are just outrageous. Parts aren't that bad, but labor is through the roof.

I also got one of the BMS OCC for the high pressure side so I am now running 2 OCCs. The BMS one hasn't got any oil in it so far, but the low pressure can is still doing something. Now that I have both, I want to do a walnut blasting and see if the OCCs can keep things clean after that.

With the repairs listed above, I haven't had a chance to do much in the way of mods to the car, but, honestly, we've still been enjoying it very much.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Eric