E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New E61 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I am glad I found this site. I will be wrapping up the paperwork tomorrow for a 2009 black on black E61 535i with sport package. I can hardly wait, and after looking at some of the threads here, I have a long shopping list.

I am look on suggestions for vendors to get some of teh following items. Any help is appreciated!

Stlye 128 wheels in 19"
Black Kidney grills
Lowering kit
M5 replica front spoiler, side skirts and mirrors
Engine tuning software

I've noticed many here are from across the pond, but if possible, I would like to stick to US vendors.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to contributing.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Hi and welcome to the family!

Did your car come equiped with the mtech kit? If it did I don't see the need for the sideskirts imo.

As for the rest I'm behind you 100%, for tunning software I have the Vishnu Procede piggyback unit and I'm quite pleased with the drive on my 335i. Also like the fact that it can be taken off in undwer 30 min whenever you want. It's adjustable to the type of performance you are looking for and you can customize it according to other mods.

You will need to post pics whenever you get a chance!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Members

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sadly, no MTech kit, so I'd really like to update the look.

As for the Vishnu program, is that a DIY application, or will I need a shop to install / uninstall it?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

If you are not comfortable at all going in the ecu box to install it then yes you should go to a authorized distributor or contact a forum member in the E60 section or 5 series section in bimmerpost for some help.

It's not very difficult but always nice having someone there guiding you on the way the first time.

PS there are plenty of DIY videos, take a look and decide for yourself.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

First off, to the forums and enjoy!

Congrats on the new car. Nice list of mods. You should find all the info you need in here. There are other members with the xDrive type 128s, i.e. the ones from the X3. If you can't find them used, I believe Garry of Newport BMW should be able to do you a deal -- check out the Sticky at the top of the Accessories & Mods sub-forum.

Trinity Autosport supply M5-replica fronts and have a very good reputation here in the Forum. Go check out the Vender Sales sub-forum, where you will also find other dealers. There is a feedback section, so you can see how other members rated each of the vendors.

No doubt the other Touring drivers and US based member will chime in to help you with your mods.

Finally, don't forget to post up some pictures!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
welcome and enjoy the forums.
Thanks. I just ordered some goodies from you guys.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Members

I have begun ordering goodies before the car tlhas arrived! I contacted Gary, and he gave me a great price for the 128s, but I really like the look of the replicas.

Can someone please tell me where I can find a set? I've scoured google with no luck.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Great to have another E61 owner among us!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by 355dreamer
Hey guys. I am glad I found this site. I will be wrapping up the paperwork tomorrow for a 2009 black on black E61 535i with sport package. I can hardly wait, and after looking at some of the threads here, I have a long shopping list. I am look on suggestions for vendors to get some of teh following items. Any help is appreciated!Stlye 128 wheels in 19"Black Kidney grillsLowering kitM5 replica front spoiler, side skirts and mirrorsEngine tuning softwareI've noticed many here are from across the pond, but if possible, I would like to stick to US vendors.Thanks for your help, and I look forward to contributing.
well here's what you could end up with.. https://5series.net/forums/topic/765.../page__st__660

128's i got mine from Gary at Newport BMW but you'd prolly do better with tischer bwm cuz there closer..

kidney are abundant easy to find..

lowering.. i think there's a few guys doing springs up front and tricking the rear air bags to drop. i have yet to install my kw3's from mod bargains.. (they maybe for sale stay tuned)

theres a couples aftermarket m tech kits available check the forum sponsors ..

theres a few tuning options, flashes, giac, cobb, dinan. and piggy backs jb3/4 and procede. much debate on whose the best, so read up.. i'm seeling my procede and getting a cobb just for ease of use..

Quick Reply: New E61 Owner