5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   New car with serious flaws. (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/new-car-serious-flaws-41702/)

narvselius 06-26-2007 12:59 AM

I was thinking of the Nappa Tobacco myself, but somewhere I needed to say STOP... what a lovely combo! Looks really great.

I hope you can enjoy the car while trying to fix the flaws!

And hey, where's the snow?!? :whistle:

deeman 06-28-2007 06:14 AM

Any news about the damage windows? :think:

titanium 07-01-2007 04:42 AM

News are that they have inspected the paint and the windows.
The rough surface on the windows has been polished and 99% has disappeared. :thumbsup:
They also made it clear that they made a serious fault not to inspect the car thoroughly. Which I think is strange concidering the car has been standing in Halmstad for 5 weeks. :think:
They offered me a paint and glass protection Ditec

So I?m fairly satisfied.

Ti

deeman 07-02-2007 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by titanium' post='442121' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:42 PM
The rough surface on the windows has been polished and 99% has disappeared. :thumbsup:
They also made it clear that they made a serious fault not to inspect the car thoroughly. Which I think is strange concidering the car has been standing in Halmstad for 5 weeks. :think:

So I?m fairly satisfied.

Ti

Nice to hear!

ipp 07-02-2007 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by titanium' post='442121' date='Jul 1 2007, 02:42 PM

So I?m fairly satisfied.

Ti

I don't know about Ditec, they messed up a brand new 3-series of ours a couple of years ago, probably just they guy treating our car was lacking knowledge. But I don't want to go them anymore, swirlmarks all over the paint after their treatment... :devil: Now we let a place called Vonne (they are treating all new Ferraris and Maserati sold at a dealer in Malm?, Swdn) take care of our cars. They are great! Rather expensive though.

narvselius 07-02-2007 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ipp' post='442482' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:53 PM
Now we let a place called Vonne (they are treating all new Ferraris and Maserati sold at a dealer in Malm?, Swdn) take care of our cars. They are great! Rather expensive though.

Same here, my car is scheduled for a total makover at Vonne on 16 July. I hope I have received the car by then :unsure:

KnIgHtCoM 07-02-2007 07:40 AM

Space Grey and Tobacco. What a lovely color combination. :thumbsup:

mdobin 07-02-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by titanium' post='439634' date='Jun 25 2007, 03:29 PM
Some pics from north of Sweden.
Can you feel the harsh nature ;)
Attachment 34304
Attachment 34303
Attachment 34302

And some pics of the nappa tobacco leather:

Attachment 34305
Attachment 34306

I'm jealous of your six-speed. We have a 5-speed '03 525iT but the 06 530XiT is an automatic. Not a bad automatic, but I'll be the manual is a lot of fun.

titanium 07-02-2007 12:38 PM

Thanks guys !

I will point out to the Ditec?s that I?m extremely pedantic about my car :geek:
The dealer told me that after this treatment the paint will be better than new.
I sure will be happy if some of the orangepeel will disappear.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the sound of the diesel when accelerating but now I even find it RAW.
Wonder how it would sound with a new muffler :cool: ?

Ti

front 07-04-2007 01:26 PM

Hi,

When my friend bought his 323 (yes, about 6 years back) he got it "color proofed" (in sweden we call it Lackbehandling) to add another layer of coating. The guy at the shop said his paintwork was all messed up with small small holes - similar to what you describe.

In the end BMW took the car back and replaced it with a new. The fault was due to "sparks from the train's brakes upon which the car was transported on". Don't know if that is true or not..

I suggest you have your car looked at by an expert :thumbsdown: