E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

New Car-New Member!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys!

Seems that finally i got a car now: sold my Merc C class combi 220CDI for an E61.
Ok I admit i join the club the easy way: second hand, and the 520d. the fact is in Belgium any bigger engine would mean huge taxes, and I'm on a operational costs budget cutting mood...
So the car is a 10/2005 520d Touring, with titangrau II, grey dakota Leather, Riegelahorn anthrazit, xenon, active lights, pro nav, voice command, heated seats front/rear, heated steering wheel, blue tooth, comf seats, extended airco, IR glass, and a few others like ski bag, light package, HIFI speakers...
There's on the list the Servotronic option: is this one just the power steering or the older name of Active Steering?

I found on the site some very interesting links about the hidden menus, it's amazing all info u can get!

My car comes from a well known certified BMW dealer with a two years warranty and certified odometer of only 4200 km. Which is low...but certified. and when looking at the car, under the car and evreywhere, it's so clean and looks so new that it could be true so I'm ready to believe it. But in those hidden menus is there any other odometer reading, or any other way to check if the odo was altered?

On the very posistive side, the seats are just amazing! and soundproofing is great. All in all, and even if the car has a manual trannie (the merc was auto), it's an amazing piece of car!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Members

As per the other little extras: I have PDC, Auto dimming and folding mirrors, 6 cd changer, cup holders, sport steering wheel, rear airbags...

I'll try to post some photos soon,

cheers!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Renaud' post='375093' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:16 PM
As per the other little extras: I have PDC, Auto dimming and folding mirrors, 6 cd changer, cup holders, sport steering wheel, rear airbags...

cheers!
Welcome on board and glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride

Post those pics!

Cheers
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Renaud' post='375093' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:16 PM

cheers!
Welcome on board and glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride

Post those pics!

Cheers
Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 Sport: Space Grey/Blk, Cold Weather Pkg., Nav

Welcome!!

I am also a fairly new member. I purchased my first BMW in early November - a new 530xiT. The Touring was taking up space in the back of the dealer's lot in southern California (the Touring is not very popular in this part of the US), so I was able to acquire an awesome car at a very reasonable price.

I would like to hear from you about the "hidden menus", as well as Touring-specific experiences. Let me know if you have any questions that I can provide feedback from my couple of months experience with the car.

BTW, I assume that yours is an "early production" 2006 model? You don't have the push button start feature?

Enjoy!!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Members

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Ruben, I have the start/stop button features. For the hidden menus', if you use the search function with "hidden menus", you'll find interesting topics.
There are three different hidden menus I know so far: the one on the odometer, it gives u info such as accurate speed, rpm, temp of the engine, battery voltage, etc...the second one on the i-drive gives u info about the softwares installed on the car. I haven't really started studyin it yet. the third one is the nav hidden menu. this one i haven't even opened yet, due lack of time.

Driving experience so far is almost limited to around the block as I'm sick with flu.... and a few kilometers on the highway: very nice!

Ciao!!