E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

need opinion on these rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Hey guys,

what do you think about these rims?

My choice would be front 8,5x19",245/35/19 and back 9,5x19"275/30/19

My car is a 530i, E61 alpine white with teinted windows, I want to wrap my roof with satin black wrap or cf wrap.

I think it would look nice, the price is also decent,it's about 1120? without tyres..in total roundabout 2000? for summer wheels..

what do you think about white ring on the lip:

greetings,ivano
Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

These would look great on an E61 - or an E60 for that matter. I think getting them in 19s will make them blend in nicely and give you that "looks like it came this way from the factory" look. Which, IMHO, is the best way to hook up a car. They kind of remind me of the Alloy Tech wheels made for M5's, like these here:

PS noticed that the center cap says ASA. Not sure why, but I'm not 100% that they are very high quality - I could be severely mistaken on that one though, never had any first-hand experience with them.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 535d

Originally Posted by ivano
Hey guys,

what do you think about these rims?

My choice would be front 8,5x19",245/35/19 and back 9,5x19"275/30/19

My car is a 530i, E61 alpine white with teinted windows, I want to wrap my roof with satin black wrap or cf wrap.

I think it would look nice, the price is also decent,it's about 1120? without tyres..in total roundabout 2000? for summer wheels..

what do you think about white ring on the lip:

greetings,ivano

The design of these wheels is nice and classic. Personally I've never been a big fan of black or any other colored wheels, than the classic aluminium silver. In this case though, the car being white with the satin black or CF roof I think the wheels would make your car a very nice combo! The white ring looks nice also. I say go for it!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I am not the biggest fan of all black rims on white cars, but it would work well with the black roof and those rims would give it a very agressive look. The black-rim with a silver lip combination would be more my taste if I was to go the black rim route.

As a contrast, the picture below was posted in the "new pics of your E61" post. It has 20s, silver rims, black roof and no roof rails. Its a slightly less agressive look. It all comes down to the look you want to achieve.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I am not the biggest fan of all black rims on white cars, but it would work well with the black roof and those rims would give it a very agressive look. The black-rim with a silver lip combination would be more my taste if I was to go the black rim route.

As a contrast, the picture below was posted in the "new pics of your E61" post. It has 20s, silver rims, black roof and no roof rails. Its a slightly less agressive look. It all comes down to the look you want to achieve.

YES SIR!!

This is the benchmark! I am not a fan of chrome or polished rims at all, specially with a lip.. my last rims had a chrome lip and after a while I started to hate these rims!

I think if I am going with the style of the car shown above, the black rims will give it a stronger and more aggressive look.

More then 19" aren't possible with 275/30 ,right?!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 535d

I have 285/25 on 20" which matches almost exactly the original tire size.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

i like them!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

YES SIR!!

This is the benchmark! I am not a fan of chrome or polished rims at all, specially with a lip.. my last rims had a chrome lip and after a while I started to hate these rims!

I think if I am going with the style of the car shown above, the black rims will give it a stronger and more aggressive look.

I'm not into chrome rims either, I just used that picture to give you a feel for what "silver / aluminium" rims would look like with the black roof and grills combo. Would you go for the silver or black lip with those ASA rims?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 530i M-Sport Carbon Black, black Dakota leather, advantage, comfort and M-Sport package, comfort seats, sport automatic transmission, alarm system, rails, folding and auto dimming mirrors, PDC, xenons, hi-fi loudspeaker system, USB interface, detachable towbar, navi pro, bluetooth phone prep. light package.

Nice rims, they will look awesome on a white car. Go for it!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Contributors

I'm impressed with those rims on that car AND you your photoshop skills!!!

Quick Reply: need opinion on these rims