E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My new Silver E 61 M-Tech LCI with No Roof Rails

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellraiser' post='429316' date='May 29 2007, 11:08 AM
And did she already took her vitamins?
Absolutely..............and what a difference: 210 BHP and approx' 430 Nm in a 520d - difficult to be accurate on paper due to the auto-box transmission.
On the road the car is fantastic - really transformed from a good car to a fun car. I'm really happy with the remap - well worth the money ! The look on the faces of some Audi drivers who've tried to push me around (I've kept the 520d badge on the car) - they get a real surprise when I pull away and leave them with their Tdi's still puffing out the black bilge
If I'm happy with how my car is running now - smooth quiet power - I can't begin to imagine how your time warping space shuttle must be like.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535d Fully loaded

Originally Posted by Stormbird' post='429456' date='May 29 2007, 01:32 PM
Absolutely..............and what a difference: 210 BHP and approx' 430 Nm in a 520d - difficult to be accurate on paper due to the auto-box transmission.
On the road the car is fantastic - really transformed from a good car to a fun car. I'm really happy with the remap - well worth the money ! The look on the faces of some Audi drivers who've tried to push me around (I've kept the 520d badge on the car) - they get a real surprise when I pull away and leave them with their Tdi's still puffing out the black bilge
If I'm happy with how my car is running now - smooth quiet power - I can't begin to imagine how your time warping space shuttle must be like.
My friend i?m glad that you are happy!

My "time warping space shuttle" is good to pass some Porsches by the right lane and make them think that there must be something wrong with their car!!

But that one should teach a thing or two about the power of a good 20d !!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hellraiser' post='429496' date='May 29 2007, 08:25 PM
My friend i?m glad that you are happy!

My "time warping space shuttle" is good to pass some Porsches by the right lane and make them think that there must be something wrong with their car!!

But that one should teach a thing or two about the power of a good 20d !!
Talking of Porches, my brother has a a 2006 911 (997) Carrera S Coupe and on Saturday on the way to Aveiro for lunch he met up with a 535d Saloon.
As my brother joined the A1 at Feira to go south, the 535d went by very fast coming from the Porto direction.
At first he thought it might be the "b?fia" (as my kids say) and after a little hesitation (about 2 seconds ), he decided to catch the BMW quickly but.... had to touch 273 kph before he was on the beemer's tail. The two cars started "cruising" at 235 - 245 kph. Top speed was out of the question because the Carrera S had no problem to pull ahead, but what surprised my brother was the 535d's ability to recover speed between 220 and 250 kph. The Porsche's top speed is not limited by its ECU whereas the BMW in principle is. I told him that the only way this was possible is if the BMW had some kind of vitamin injection like yours. There is no other explanation.
He drove my remapped car today and was also impressed by the difference that the work at Vilauto has done.
I highly recommend a remap to everyone who wants to get the maximum pleasure out of their diesel BMW engine - whatever size.
Happy Porsche bashing Hellraiser !
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Stormbird' post='429566' date='May 29 2007, 04:23 PM
Talking of Porches, my brother has a a 2006 911 (997) Carrera S Coupe and on Saturday on the way to Aveiro for lunch he met up with a 535d Saloon.
As my brother joined the A1 at Feira to go south, the 535d went by very fast coming from the Porto direction.
At first he thought it might be the "b?fia" (as my kids say) and after a little hesitation (about 2 seconds ), he decided to catch the BMW quickly but.... had to touch 273 kph before he was on the beemer's tail. The two cars started "cruising" at 235 - 245 kph. Top speed was out of the question because the Carrera S had no problem to pull ahead, but what surprised my brother was the 535d's ability to recover speed between 220 and 250 kph. The Porsche's top speed is not limited by its ECU whereas the BMW in principle is. I told him that the only way this was possible is if the BMW had some kind of vitamin injection like yours. There is no other explanation.
He drove my remapped car today and was also impressed by the difference that the work at Vilauto has done.
I highly recommend a remap to everyone who wants to get the maximum pleasure out of their diesel BMW engine - whatever size.
Happy Porsche bashing Hellraiser !
he e

This morning I hava had the opportunity to follow an Audi RS4 (420 Hp, 4,8 secs from 0-100 Km/h) for about 20 miles on a motorway. Of course he was faster and had more pep but he could not get away at all.

I have to admit that some traffic has helped me but in the end I have enjoyed the ride so much...
Old 05-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I like that it is nice, its a shame that HK dont sell these cars
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Stormbird' post='429456' date='May 29 2007, 08:32 PM
That's a great looking ride you have there Stormbird and now with the performance to match

I think the no roof rails look is great on the M-Sport tourings. Makes it look more purposeful somehow, rather than the "sports lifestyle" look -which is also good, don't get me wrong! From what I have observed on the streets, this no roof rails look seems to be gaining in popularity.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='429901' date='May 30 2007, 05:48 PM
That's a great looking ride you have there Stormbird and now with the performance to match

I think the no roof rails look is great on the M-Sport tourings. Makes it look more purposeful somehow, rather than the "sports lifestyle" look -which is also good, don't get me wrong! From what I have observed on the streets, this no roof rails look seems to be gaining in popularity.
Hi xBMWx and thanks for the comments.
Interesting that you mention that the no rails on M-Sprt tourings is taking off. I chose to do this because all the "real" M5 Tourings I'd seen had no roof rails and also because, well, I just never use them !
Since I received my car, my dealer has told me that more and more people are opting to have no roof rails.
Perhaps I've started a trend here where I live
Old 06-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Fully loaded

Originally Posted by Stormbird' post='430196' date='May 31 2007, 03:59 AM
Hi xBMWx and thanks for the comments.
Interesting that you mention that the no rails on M-Sprt tourings is taking off. I chose to do this because all the "real" M5 Tourings I'd seen had no roof rails and also because, well, I just never use them !
Since I received my car, my dealer has told me that more and more people are opting to have no roof rails.
Perhaps I've started a trend here where I live

I can give you my roof rails if you want....