E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Modding the interior E61

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
mop
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys...

Well I am about to do some modding on my black Pre LCI E61. The car were originally with cloth interior and grey plastic dekor. Current status are that the car now has Black comfort seats, Maderia dekor and black headliner.

I fell that I have cornered my myself with a car that are really dark inside (I have no panoramaroof) and I must do something.

I had the opportunity to get a beige Nasca interior and it is now in the basement. I have no plans of getting a all beige interior.

There are some possibilities that I would like to hear opinions about.

The plan is to have the car black, beige and black.

If you look at the console I could keep the black one or swap it to beige!

(Without the beige top)

Present I am thinking of the beige but would it look strange when it is the only beige part?

I am also wondering about about the door cards. I will go for beige inlets but should the speaker grill and door handle be black or beige?
Bottom of the seat should that be black or beige?

So all input are welcome - I know that design are a matter of taste but before I change various parts, I would appreciate different opinions so I don't do anything that I could end up regretting later on!

Br
Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Members

This will all be a matter of very personal taste of course. Personally I like the contrast of light and dark you have going on there, especially in the back. If you incorporate beige will it be three colours now or two?

Mine is really all beige, which is OK for a change since my last car was all grey/black. But the console is still dark, so don't know what that will look like when you put a beige one in, could be good. Or not - maybe it's better to ask an interior decorator instead of guys on a car forum :-)

Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Pallokerho-35
This will all be a matter of very personal taste of course. Personally I like the contrast of light and dark you have going on there, especially in the back. If you incorporate beige will it be three colours now or two?

Mine is really all beige, which is OK for a change since my last car was all grey/black. But the console is still dark, so don't know what that will look like when you put a beige one in, could be good. Or not - maybe it's better to ask an interior decorator instead of guys on a car forum :-)

+1
Old 04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Members

My E61 is also all beige which makes it light inside even without the sunroof.
I would go for the LCI M5 colour combo you have posted with the beige console. Do you have also the A, B, C and D pillars in black?
The door cards are a must with beige inlays, otherwise the seats look as from a different car.
I have an Audi A3 which is dark grey inside and when I swapped the seats to yellow leather ones it didn't look right until I found matching doorcards as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Senior Members

Mop, my advice is:
- get the all-beige centre console (with handbrake, gear lever etc.). A light centre console is a symptom of nice and expensive interior on E60 and E39 as well.
- if possible, even try to get the lower dash in beige. I.e. below the steering wheel, on both sides of the CCC box, and the glove box. Not sure if thats possible or easy though
- put beige inlets on the doors, but keep black handles and speaker grilles. My interior is "individual" in light grey and with black speaker grilles and handles it does not look odd at all - the contrast looks pretty good in fact. Especially in combination with black headliner, which you also have. Mine looks like the pre-LCI M5 you have on the second pic, just with grey instead of beide.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 PM
mop
Members

Hi,

Thanks for input.. Yes all pillars are in black..

I am starting with the black console and look at it when I am finish with the rest.
I will mount beige inlets in the doorcards and have testet if the black or beige handle are best and I think that the beige wins :-) I can take a picture later with the different options. I have also considerations about the type of wood. I have both a maderia and a carrera lying!

The seats are great with the black headline and button. Getting the dash in beige are difficult because you need to swap it complete.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mop
I have also considerations about the type of wood. I have both a maderia and a carrera lying!
What is the carrera wood? Never seen that.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM
mop
Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
What is the carrera wood? Never seen that.
Really light Olive Ash.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Really nice.
I love the madeira wood, but not sure which will look better against black/beige combo.
Post a pic with two wood panels in front of black and beige leather
Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

I personally love our colour combo, and would have hated having a matching center console. the black gives it a nice contrast IMO, and less chance of it becoming dirty since your arm's on it all the time.
Attached Thumbnails Modding the interior E61-6936699_191.jpg   Modding the interior E61-6936699_201.jpg   Modding the interior E61-6936699_221.jpg   Modding the interior E61-6936699_251.jpg   Modding the interior E61-6936699_271.jpg  

Quick Reply: Modding the interior E61