E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

M6 Wheels on E61 M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530D M SPORT - Silver

Hi

Does anybody have any pictures of an M Sport E61 with M6 wheels fitted.

Preferably a real pic, but if someone is good with photoshop that will do.

Anybody got any thoughts on what it might look like????
Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d Touring; Black-Sapphire; Black Dakota Leather; Steptronic; Navigation System Business; Roofbars; Power Glass moonroof; Power seats with Driver memory, Heated front seats; PDC-Park Distance Control; Xenon Headlights with Adaptive Light Control; Radio Professional with 6 Disc CD-Charger in Glovebox;

IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BOTH THINKING THE SAME...
Just after putting my topic, I saw that your were also requesting the same (the "small" difference comes from the fact that my car does not has the M Sport kit)...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23302

Just a small question: Are you thinking in the original 19-inch wheels or the "similar" non original 18-inch?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by albmag' post='253801' date='Mar 12 2006, 06:38 PM
IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BOTH THINKING THE SAME...
Just after putting my topic, I saw that your were also requesting the same (the "small" difference comes from the fact that my car does not has the M Sport kit)...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23302

Just a small question: Are you thinking in the original 19-inch wheels or the "similar" non original 18-inch?
I am looking at a staggered set of 19", i can get OEM through my dealer but have been offered a set of replica's for $1650 inc shipping from the USA.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 523i M Sport Touring (Auto) - Silver Grey VW Touareg 2.5tdi Sport (Auto) - Shadow Blue

closest I can find is an E60

linky
Old 03-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kaine' post='253813' date='Mar 12 2006, 07:11 PM
closest I can find is an E60

linky
Thanks Kaine for your efforts.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d Touring; Black-Sapphire; Black Dakota Leather; Steptronic; Navigation System Business; Roofbars; Power Glass moonroof; Power seats with Driver memory, Heated front seats; PDC-Park Distance Control; Xenon Headlights with Adaptive Light Control; Radio Professional with 6 Disc CD-Charger in Glovebox;

Thank you very much Kaine for your link.
My Touring is also "Saphirschwarz" Black, so I was able to get a very good idea of the final result. :thumbup:

One more question, are you really able to find the 19-inch wheels via a BMW dealer?
In Germany, until the moment, was impossible for me.

They always lead me to the BMW M-Model 184 , which are 18-inch and require mandatory run-flat tyres...
And lets not forget the fact that the complete set asking price with Bridgestone is 3.450 EUR.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 523i M Sport Touring (Auto) - Silver Grey VW Touareg 2.5tdi Sport (Auto) - Shadow Blue

Originally Posted by albmag' post='253847' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:04 PM
One more question, are you really able to find the 19-inch wheels via a BMW dealer?
not tried sorry, so not sure
Old 03-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by albmag' post='253847' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:04 PM
My Touring is also "Saphirschwarz" Black, so I was able to get a very good idea of the final result. :thumbup:

They always lead me to the BMW M-Model 184 , which are 18-inch and require mandatory run-flat tyres...
And lets not forget the fact that the complete set asking price with Bridgestone is 3.450 EUR.

Hi

In answer to your question about getting hold of OEM 19" wheel via a dealer. I think this depends on your relationship with your dealer. Strictly speaking you should not be able to buy the OEM M6 alloys unless you own an M6, however your dealer only needs a valid M6 VIN number and they can order them as replacement parts. Wether they are prepared to stretch the rules for you as i said depends on how good your relationship is with them. Even then as you say the cost is very very high.

DTM Autowerkes in USA have a replica 19" available for $1650 shipped to europe, they have stated that they are made to OEM standards, just depends on wether you want to take the risk

Hope this helps

Anybody good with photoshop? I would really appreciate a pic of the E61 M Sport with the M6 wheels
Old 03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Members

Angry

Well, I tried with my limited Photoshop knowledge and with the limited available pictures of the E61 and the M6 in the BMW web pages to to try to create something.

But I don't know, for sure I made something wrong with the proportions.

The original E61 picture was of a Touring with 18-inch, applied the correct 19/18 correction ratio in the wheels from the M6 picture, and place the wheels pictures in the correct points, but somehow :thumbsdown: it looks awful...

Sooooooooooorry...

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." (Albert Einstein)
Attached Thumbnails M6 Wheels on E61 M Sport-base_photoshop.jpg  
Old 03-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by albmag' post='254392' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:05 PM
Well, I tried with my limited Photoshop knowledge and with the limited available pictures of the E61 and the M6 in the BMW web pages to to try to create something.

But I don't know, for sure I made something wrong with the proportions.

The original E61 picture was of a Touring with 18-inch, applied the correct 19/18 correction ratio in the wheels from the M6 picture, and place the wheels pictures in the correct points, but somehow :thumbsdown: it looks awful...

Sooooooooooorry...

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." (Albert Einstein)

Hey don't apologise, thanks so much for your efforts . Your right now i can really imagine what they will look like on my car .

And in my opinion they look HOT

I've made my mind up and their on order now, will post pics ASAP after they arrive.

Just a final word to all the people that might want to flame my choice, thats exactly what it is "My Choice" if you don't agree that's fine we all have free minds. Just lets not resort to slagging, constructive comments/criticism accepted.

Quick Reply: M6 Wheels on E61 M Sport