E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Lower front Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

All,

My neighbour has just noticed that it looks like there are two grilles missing from the front of our car ('05 530d M Sport). It certainly looks like there should be two outside grilles as there are clips for something to go in. But, for the life of me, I cannot remember if they were there when we got the car or not.

I've looked at all my pics of the car and because it's so dark can't work out if they were there before or not. However, it DOES look like they're not there on my sig pic below.

So, I guess, the questions are. Does anyone know for definite whether or not they should be there? And if so, how much will it cost for me to get them replaced?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Erm... you mean in front of the fog lamps? No grill.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='680763' date='Sep 29 2008, 12:42 PM
Erm... you mean in front of the fog lamps? No grill.
Er, no. Fogs are fine. However, in the middle of the car, theres a big grille in the middle of the bumper. There's one right in the middle that is sort of V shaped and it looks like there's space for two smaller ones on either side.

If you look at the picture below (linked - it wouldn't let me insert it), you can see what I mean. I'm missing the two little outer ones on that shot.

http://www.dphoto.in.th/main.php?g2_view=c..._serialNumber=1

I'll have to take a shot of mine so you can see the dfifference.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Members

Hi,

Mine popped out a couple of weeks after getting the car, forgot I had a low front bumper, hit a high kerb and the same plastics popped out. I only noticed them on the ground when pulling out of the parking bay.

rgds

Carlo
Old 09-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Here you go...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver grey '06 535d M-Sport Touring, visibility pack, media pack, hi-gloss, heated leather, sun-pro glass Red Alert: 3500hp triple-turbo, alcohol-fuelled Case-IH
Unhappy

Oooops, definitely missing Kell. Still got mine in place, checked this morning. I bet they'll be ?50 for the pair knowing the parts department's money making machine.......if you can get them without the centre piece that is..????...
Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 02/05 E61 535D M SPORT - Silver Grey*Grey Dakota Leather*Bi Xenon Adaptive Headlights * Professional Navigation System * Extended Voice Control * TV * Bluetooth With Telematics * BMW 6 CD Changer * STYLE 172 18" RIMS * Moonroof * Velour Mats * Dimming/ Folding Ext/Int Mirrors * Electric Heated Front Seats * Sports Seats * High Beam Assist * M Aerodynamic Pack * M Rear Spoiler * High Gloss Shadow Line * Sun Protection Glass * Anthracite Headlining * ISOFIX Package * Tracker Monitor * Top Tint Screen* IPOD MOST* DMS*

Just bought one the other day.

Part No: B51.11.7.897.186 Grille Left M Cost ?14.26. Not too bad I guess.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guy535d' post='681629' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:43 PM
Just bought one the other day.

Part No: B51.11.7.897.186 Grille Left M Cost ?14.26. Not too bad I guess.
That's not too bad. The car's due a service anyway, so I'll ask them to add it to the list.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

You could also state that your "Night-vision" and "Active Cruise Control"... erm ...fell off
Get them to fix it, i.e. replace, under warranty (At that point they may ask you to leave the service area!)
Old 10-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Senior Members

Got em done. But didn't htink about it properly. I asked them to fit them when the car was in for a service. Forgot of course that they'd charge me for doing it.

So in all, it cost me ?72.

Quick Reply: Lower front Grilles