E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Lower a E61

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Any reccomendations or ideas for this? What I can imagine you just have to replace the front springs, the rear is adjusted by the car.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 Titanium-Grey, Leather Dakota Black, 525d, Steptronic, Navi Prof & TV, Voice Input, Panorama ceiling, Xenon with dir, etc

Hi,

Did you do it? What happened?

See you!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I have not done it yet. I went and ordered a new car instead so it have to wait a little. But I have looked it up and Eibach have a kit for the E61 now and it's only front springs. Very cheap and I seems like the rear will just " come along" with the front by the auto levering system on the E61.

My plan is to order the Eibach kit when the new car arrives and test it.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 Titanium-Grey, Leather Dakota Black, 525d, Steptronic, Navi Prof & TV, Voice Input, Panorama ceiling, Xenon with dir, etc

Originally Posted by Robert J' post='225027' date='Jan 16 2006, 05:53 PM
I have not done it yet. I went and ordered a new car instead so it have to wait a little. But I have looked it up and Eibach have a kit for the E61 now and it's only front springs. Very cheap and I seems like the rear will just " come along" with the front by the auto levering system on the E61.

My plan is to order the Eibach kit when the new car arrives and test it.
OT:
You have ordered quite a car! Congrats!
What is the "Parrot BT-HF"?
Why don't you order sport suspension from BMW? The differenc eis very noticeable at least in the 3 series (i had a 320d sport and a standard).

See you!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Members

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to spring, dry roads and the new car!

Parrot BT HF is a aftermarket HF kit with Blue Tooth connetction. It cost somthing like ?150 so it's a really economical solution to get HF. I have considered to install a Sony Ericsson kit instead, it looks like a "mini iDrive".

I had considered to order the BMW sports suspension, but I didn't think it was worth the 3500 to get harder springs in the front only. The Eibach kist seems to be like ?180 plus labor and that's more normal for a pair of springs.

I have the 124-wheels with RFT so I will start with the standard springs and see if the ride gets OK before I get a lowering kit.

See U!