E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Loadspace protector

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To see the full available items for the loadspace area....(and all other accesories too

www.bmw.de

then choose the "service & zubehor" from the top menu,

find "Zubehor Showroom"
Loadspace protector-menu.jpg

On the drop-down menus choose
Model - 5er Touring
Kategorie - Transport & Gepack
Produkte - Gepackraum
click on "LOS"
Loadspace protector-menu2.jpg

Then scroll through all the items you want....

I am going to go for the floor mat and load space protector
Loadspace protector-load_space_protector.jpgLoadspace protector-floormat.jpg

cheers

Missile
Old 03-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by smarty156' post='546201' date='Mar 17 2008, 12:58 PM
Actually, had a thought that you could probably attach a small strip of velcro on the plastic between the side rear windows and the parcel shelf, near where the suckers would go anyway. Is that what you meant? I think that would actually work quite well.
I'm going to order one.
That's exactly what i meant!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the missile' post='547536' date='Mar 19 2008, 04:27 PM
To see the full available items for the loadspace area....(and all other accesories too

www.bmw.de

then choose the "service & zubehor" from the top menu,

find "Zubehor Showroom"
Attachment 46609

On the drop-down menus choose
Model - 5er Touring
Kategorie - Transport & Gepack
Produkte - Gepackraum
click on "LOS"
Attachment 46610

Then scroll through all the items you want....

I am going to go for the floor mat and load space protector
Attachment 46606Attachment 46608

cheers

Missile
Those are the two exact items that i have. Right now, i have the vinyl loadspace protector in, and the tray on top of that! It fits fairly well like that, although it needed a bit of force to get it all flat at first. The loadspace cover/cargo net thing still fits perfectly.

The vinyl loadspace protector takes a bit of messing around to get set up but once it's in, it's great. You need to fold a few flaps around, etc, etc and if it's cold then the vinyl doesn't really want to play ball - probably best to do it on a warm day and spread the whole thing out in the sun to warm up a little first (if you have such a thing as a warm day this time of year).

The other good thing is that the vinyl loadspace protector comes in a neat carrying bag and will fit into the underfloor storage compartment area when you aren't using it.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I also use the vinyl loadspacer - it's a definite must. But it's also a bit "floppy" and moves around little too much. I manage to close the hatch a couple of times only to be stopped by the load protector...
Old 03-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='548965' date='Mar 22 2008, 09:13 AM
I also use the vinyl loadspacer - it's a definite must. But it's also a bit "floppy" and moves around little too much. I manage to close the hatch a couple of times only to be stopped by the load protector...
the big vinyl protector.... so how does it work with the seats folded up and down? Is it extendable ?
Can it be seen when the load space roller cover is drawn closed ?
Are there zips up each side at the tail gate end ?....seems so from the pictures.

thanks

Missile
Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the missile' post='549377' date='Mar 23 2008, 09:35 AM
the big vinyl protector.... so how does it work with the seats folded up and down? Is it extendable ?
Can it be seen when the load space roller cover is drawn closed ?
Are there zips up each side at the tail gate end ?....seems so from the pictures.

thanks

Missile

Hey Missile,

So......for seats up and down there is an extension piece that you add if you put the seats down. You can't see the thing when the roller cover is closed (apart from the suckers that attach to the rear widows) and there are zips at the tailgate end. Personally, I don't use them - i just flip the bumper cover down to load the dog, then flip it back up inside after.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='549873' date='Mar 24 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Missile,

So......for seats up and down there is an extension piece that you add if you put the seats down. You can't see the thing when the roller cover is closed (apart from the suckers that attach to the rear widows) and there are zips at the tailgate end. Personally, I don't use them - i just flip the bumper cover down to load the dog, then flip it back up inside after.
I fitted my protector this weekend. In the end I just removed the side sun blinds, attached the suckers to the windows and put the blinds back on again.
Just a slight problem with the poles though. I threaded them through the part that flips down as per instructions. It then shows putting the ends of the joined pole into the recesses where the load cover hooks into so that the rear is held up. However, I can't get these in with the load cover as well. The poles just get in the way of the load cover. How has anyone else dealt with this? The best I can do is put the load cover in place first then the poles for the protector as close as I can get but as soon as the boot is opened the cover flips up and the poles fall out!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Also try this http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Parkers-of-Bolton...oot-Liners.html

Had it in my E61 for 3 years, works fine, but the seams do split over time, can be fixed with Duck tape easily.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by smarty156' post='553530' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:53 AM
I fitted my protector this weekend. In the end I just removed the side sun blinds, attached the suckers to the windows and put the blinds back on again.
Just a slight problem with the poles though. I threaded them through the part that flips down as per instructions. It then shows putting the ends of the joined pole into the recesses where the load cover hooks into so that the rear is held up. However, I can't get these in with the load cover as well. The poles just get in the way of the load cover. How has anyone else dealt with this? The best I can do is put the load cover in place first then the poles for the protector as close as I can get but as soon as the boot is opened the cover flips up and the poles fall out!
I just didn't bother with the poles! I figured that they'd be useful if I had a REALLY, REALLY filthy wet dog in the back and wanted to zip up the tailgate end, but normally I drive around without the dog, and with the retractable cover thingy covering the load area anyway. I just flip the bumper cover down over the bumper when I need to load the dog, then flip it into the loadspace when she's in.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='555535' date='Apr 3 2008, 08:38 PM
I just didn't bother with the poles! I figured that they'd be useful if I had a REALLY, REALLY filthy wet dog in the back and wanted to zip up the tailgate end, but normally I drive around without the dog, and with the retractable cover thingy covering the load area anyway. I just flip the bumper cover down over the bumper when I need to load the dog, then flip it into the loadspace when she's in.
Yeah, that's what I've done now. The poles just get in the way of the load cover! How stupid is that!