E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Loadspace protector

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm in the UK with a brand new E61 530d M-sport and need to find a loadspace protector that can also protect the bumper itself when needed and not just the internal loadbed.

I have a very large dog with big sharp claws and I can see the paint on the rear bumper getting shredded as she tries to get in and out if I am not careful.

I already have the BMW OEM (rip off) loadspace protector, which is basically a rubber tray that fits the interior of the loadspace, however what I really want is something that will flip or roll down and cover the rear bumber when the boot is open, so that dog claws won't rip up my paint.

Once upon a time, I saw a BMW OEM vinyl mat that appeared to fit the loadspace both with the backseats up or down, and that could kind of hang over the rear end. It appeared to go up the sides of the loadpace and secure around the headrests to fully protect the floor and sides of the loadspace........however, I can't seem to find this again for love or money.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I have no first hand experience with these things but a quick Google came up with a company that looks as if they can make a custom one to suit your needs. As a bonus, they happen to be located in the UK...

http://www.boot-buddy.com

Here's something else I found:
http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/pro...Boot_Liner.html
Old 03-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='539145' date='Mar 3 2008, 07:45 PM
I have no first hand experience with these things but a quick Google came up with a company that looks as if they can make a custom one to suit your needs. As a bonus, they happen to be located in the UK...

http://www.boot-buddy.com

Here's something else I found:
http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/pro...Boot_Liner.html
Thanks Rudy,

Maybe I would have had better luck looking if I hadn't been specifically including the string "BMW E61"......I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow. The BMW OEM one looked better (but would probably have also cost ?200 or so), but those should do the job. Still, at ?36, the Cosmos high sided liner with bumper protector looks ideal.

Cheers,

Alasdair
Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='539136' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:26 PM
Once upon a time, I saw a BMW OEM vinyl mat that appeared to fit the loadspace both with the backseats up or down, and that could kind of hang over the rear end. It appeared to go up the sides of the loadpace and secure around the headrests to fully protect the floor and sides of the loadspace........however, I can't seem to find this again for love or money.

Anybody have any ideas?
Hi, I have this BMW OEM accessories catalogue (2007) for 5series in my hand, and the one you are looking for still exists in there, part no.51470391105, and list price in Finland 201eur. Ask for the catalogue at your BMW dealer, they should have it also .
Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='539188' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:24 PM
Hi, I have this BMW OEM accessories catalogue (2007) for 5series in my hand, and the one you are looking for still exists in there, part no.51470391105, and list price in Finland 201eur. Ask for the catalogue at your BMW dealer, they should have it also .
Great stuff - thanks Tommi - I only ever saw it on the web before and couldn't find a part number.

Cheers,

Alasdair
Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='539528' date='Mar 4 2008, 03:23 PM
Great stuff - thanks Tommi - I only ever saw it on the web before and couldn't find a part number.

Cheers,

Alasdair
As an update, I visited my dealer yesterday, they swore blind that there was no such item, but then when i gave them Tommi's magic part number, it came up on the system and was ordered. Collected today and is the right item.... ?120, which is quite expensive, but it's very well made and is recommended for anyone who needs to carry dirty or messy stuff inside an E61. Fits like a glove with seats up or down, extends up the sides for extra protection and has a big flap that protects the rear bumper.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 520dA Alpine White

I'm glad you found my tip helpful.
Try to find yourself the catalog anyhow as its full of other interesting accessories aswell.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by adentonmiller' post='539136' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:26 PM
Hi All,

I'm in the UK with a brand new E61 530d M-sport and need to find a loadspace protector that can also protect the bumper itself when needed and not just the internal loadbed.

I have a very large dog with big sharp claws and I can see the paint on the rear bumper getting shredded as she tries to get in and out if I am not careful.

I already have the BMW OEM (rip off) loadspace protector, which is basically a rubber tray that fits the interior of the loadspace, however what I really want is something that will flip or roll down and cover the rear bumber when the boot is open, so that dog claws won't rip up my paint.

Anybody have any ideas?
It exists also an OEM load edge protector. I put it on my car and I am very satisfy about it. It costs about 30?.
Loadspace protector-load_edge_protector.png
Transparent and almost invisible once fitted on the bumper edge. Part No. 51140403591

Another good solution could be the load compartment protective cover. Part No. 51470391105
Loadspace protector-load_compartment_protective_cover.png
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Tommi' post='541595' date='Mar 8 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm glad you found my tip helpful.
Try to find yourself the catalog anyhow as its full of other interesting accessories aswell.
I got a CD version of the catalogue - although it's still pretty sparse on information.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='541606' date='Mar 8 2008, 09:36 PM
It exists also an OEM load edge protector. I put it on my car and I am very satisfy about it. It costs about 30?.
Attachment 45621
Transparent and almost invisible once fitted on the bumper edge. Part No. 51140403591

Another good solution could be the load compartment protective cover. Part No. 51470391105
Attachment 45622
Yup - that's exactly the one I just got. Works great for big scary, hairy, dirty dogs with huge paint unfriendly claws......

I'll probably also get the transparent strip thing just to be on the safe side.

Quick Reply: Loadspace protector