E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

LeMans Blue E61

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was never sure about the LeMans Blue colour. I tihnk I prefer the deep blue instead. Too late now I have the car, but next time may be on the F10 Touring !!!
Attached Thumbnails LeMans Blue E61-e611.jpg   LeMans Blue E61-e612.jpg   LeMans Blue E61-e613.jpg  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by higher' post='1055296' date='Nov 15 2009, 09:09 PM
Was never sure about the LeMans Blue colour. I tihnk I prefer the deep blue instead. Too late now I have the car, but next time may be on the F10 Touring !!!
Nice car. I have a deep sea blue E61. That colour is a bit weird. When the sun shines and the car is clean it can be a very good looking colour. A bit dirty and gloomy weather and the car just looks dark blue. My other car is Le Mans blue and I like it a lot on the 120dM, but I am a little bit unsure about that colour on the E61. It's something with the size of the car and the colour. I don't know. I will probably order one of the last E61s in the spring and it may well be the deep sea blue or even the Le Mans blue.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Members

Personal opinion (as colour always is) the E61 looks better in lighter colours. The subtle Bangle creases and angles in the metal that give lasting pleasure are somewhat lost on darker cars, particularly when they are not perfectly clean. You have done the right thing going for the lighter blue.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

i drive an onyx-blue E61. this is an individual colour and under direct sunlight it is amazingly beautiful. it has depth and a certain 3D-effect which distinguishes it from any other blue colour.

yet I agree with dieseltouring - the typical bangle-creases which make the design of this car unique are lost in a dark and particularly dark and dirty car.
on the other hand, despite the fact that I love lemans blue on a friend's 3-series, I dont like it that much on an E61. I think the mystic-blue colour fits the E61 well, but haven't seen it live.

so I guess colour is either/or, there is no one perfect solution. its the combination between exterior and interior colour that counts, and there are more than one "perfect" combinations
Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

and just as an add-on, I dont think that BMW gave us enough good colours for the E61. its a pity really.

I have one favourite colour under the standard ones - Titangrau II - which however needs a light leather and does not fit beige or grey at all... It does sit very well with the saddle brown (which is a bit reddish) interior, but there should have been a light interior colour to suit it

the other good colour for the E61 is a carbon black, if you like really dark cars, which I dont. the silver colour fits the car well, but its not special at all - looks really plain.

the interiors are even worse - grey is horrible, beige is too light and yellowish, and saddle brown is impaired by the contrast with black panels everywhere (it should all be in one colour like in the beige or grey interiors). The facelift improved things a bit, thankfully.

I regard myself really lucky to have a onyx blue / polar grey leather / piano black trim combination (all three are individual colours), and the car looks amazing inside and out.

However, regarding the standard colours, I find it really disturbing that BMW designed such a unique car with so much personality and did not have the courage to support it with equally well-selected colours. :thumbsdown:
Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by higher' post='1055296' date='Nov 15 2009, 09:09 PM

I'm going to assume you just took delivery (?!), so congrats on the new car!

Those LeMans- / Mystic- / Deep Sea- Blues look great when clean and under the sun -- always make me look twice
Old 11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I like the color
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61 520D 2007

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1056129' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:46 PM
I have one favourite colour under the standard ones - Titangrau II - which however needs a light leather and does not fit beige or grey at all... It does sit very well with the saddle brown (which is a bit reddish) interior, but there should have been a light interior colour to suit it
I like the LeMans Blue, but I like my Titangrau II better, certainly combined with the truffel-braun interior
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Nah, the color is money, don't sweat it

Nice ride!

Now go and mod the bejezzus out of it!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by trevorken' post='1056561' date='Nov 17 2009, 07:38 AM
I like the LeMans Blue, but I like my Titangrau II better, certainly combined with the truffel-braun interior
yes, I forgot the Truffelbraun interior!! funny, as I was a step away from buying exactly such a car (titangrau II / truffle brown) when someone got it under my nose! Maybe it was you? - it was in Monchengladbach in Germany?

Truffelbraun looks great on pictures and is very rare (which I like), but I was not so impressed with it live - it looks a bit too "dead" as a colour. If it was one more shade towards cappucino or mocca, it would have been just perfect. But congrats on a pretty unique car! I am sure there are not many in this combination.

Quick Reply: LeMans Blue E61