E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Just ordered my first BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steff99' post='373471' date='Jan 4 2007, 12:23 PM
Thank?s guys.

and Hi`Scandic 24!

I pay 700 euro ( 6000SEK) extra for the facelift , but a also get a discount of 9-10% of the total price, so i preferd to wait some more week for the delivery.
My delivery date is around 1 of April.
I've changed my order!!

The dealer gave me the option to cancel my original order and go for a LCI version -- and so I did!
Same price basically, but with the new engine It will affect both km/lit (mpg for some of you) and the yearly car tax in a very positive way.
I looked in the official list of gas consumption, according to the EU norm, for all cars available in Sweden and it is very funny to see that the km/lit numbers (urban, extra urban and average) of the new LCI 523i touring is almost exact as a Ford Sport KA!! (no further comparison necessary )

So, now I have to go through the pain of choosing upholstery and color again...
The Silver gray and Auburn isn't on the list anymore, and the closest I get is Space gray and Natural Brown Dakota (same color as the Natural brown for the 7-series). Oh, a new feature is that I also get the tow hitch that flips out electrically by the push of a button...similar to the Audi.
The old Trapeziod 16" rims are gone and replaced with some 16" 5-spoke design similar to the one on the X3.
However, I'm skipping the std 16" for 17" RFT's and I'm choosing between the 243 and 244 design. Haven't decided which yet

I'm also thinking of adding adaptive/cornering lights to the order...

w11 is the new week of birth.

What a wait it will be ...well, atleast the snow will be gone by the time of delivery so I don't have to think about getting any winter tires until sept/oct...

cheers
/J
Old 01-24-2007, 02:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D touring MY 07 facelift M-sport, automatic, Xenon, logic 7, Spacegrey , Cream Dakota, PDC, Comfortseat Delivery in april -07

I think you made a good choice and go for the LCI-version and to the same price.
W 11 is the same week for my cars birth and delivery sometimes in April
I also change coulor to Spacegray but i orded Cream Dakota to my comfort seats.

Now is just to sit down and wait.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='382673' date='Jan 24 2007, 10:49 AM

/J
Good option, especially with your dark winters and suicidal Moose !
Old 01-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KAF' post='382718' date='Jan 24 2007, 04:02 PM
Good option, especially with your dark winters and suicidal Moose !
Woahhahaha
Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Members

Well done for giving up your SAAB ( Opel Vectra ). Im sure it was the easiest decision you have ever made.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='382673' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:49 AM
I've changed my order!!

The dealer gave me the option to cancel my original order and go for a LCI version -- and so I did!
Same price basically, but with the new engine It will affect both km/lit (mpg for some of you) and the yearly car tax in a very positive way.
I looked in the official list of gas consumption, according to the EU norm, for all cars available in Sweden and it is very funny to see that the km/lit numbers (urban, extra urban and average) of the new LCI 523i touring is almost exact as a Ford Sport KA!! (no further comparison necessary )

The Silver gray and Auburn isn't on the list anymore, and the closest I get is Space gray and Natural Brown Dakota (same color as the Natural brown for the 7-series). Oh, a new feature is that I also get the tow hitch that flips out electrically by the push of a button...similar to the Audi.
The old Trapeziod 16" rims are gone and replaced with some 16" 5-spoke design similar to the one on the X3.
However, I'm skipping the std 16" for 17" RFT's and I'm choosing between the 243 and 244 design. Haven't decided which yet

What a wait it will be ...well, atleast the snow will be gone by the time of delivery so I don't have to think about getting any winter tires until sept/oct...

cheers
/J
good move - looks like you've ended up with a great deal

Welcome on board!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Members

I've changed my order!!

cheers
/J
Is that tow hitch fully electrical, so no hassle with installing?
If so, I think I might change my order. I ordered an 525d spacegrey/natural brown with a manual detachable tow hitch, but elec. sounds attractive.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eddy' post='384139' date='Jan 27 2007, 10:45 PM
Is that tow hitch fully electrical, so no hassle with installing?
If so, I think I might change my order. I ordered an 525d spacegrey/natural brown with a manual detachable tow hitch, but elec. sounds attractive.
So they say.
I haven't seen it live on the BMW, obviously, but I can imagine that it will function similar to the electric tow hitch that you can get on the Audi A6.
On the Audi it works like this: You'll have an electric switch in the boot, behind one of the panel doors (a kind of twist switch, like a US door knob). By turning/twisting it you'll release the hitch and it will swing out from the side (looks kinda cool). Give it a kick and it'll lock in position. A green LED on the switch will tell you that it is locked OK.
Turn/twist the switch once again and the hitch unlocks and so it can be swinged back into it's hiding place, where it will lock into place, manually.

One can only wish that it will lock-unlock-hide completely automatic. We'll just have to wait n see.
A good thing though is that you don't have to get dirty stowing it
Old 01-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Members

Facelifted model comes with a 17" RFT's as standard, at least it says so in the UK brochure.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='384366' date='Jan 28 2007, 02:40 PM
Facelifted model comes with a 17" RFT's as standard, at least it says so in the UK brochure.
Not here in Swe as far as I know... :thumbsdown:
Can't figure out why? Well, BMW makes some extra money....No one keep the 16" anyway - unless it's for studded winter tires.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my first BMW!