E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Just ordered my first BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally!
After driving SAAB for 20 or so years I made the decision to jump ship and go for BMW.
Color has been the most difficult to choose, borrowed 4 samples/plates along with the interior sample (Auburn leather - that was easy ). Saph Black or Monaco Blue might have been best combo but after looking at sooo many pics in the owners gallery (thanks guys) the choice fell on Silver Gray - not too bright and still very classy and classic IMO.
523i, 6-speed stickshift, Heated Sport seats (Sweden ), Comfort- and Advantage option pack, Shadowline, Dark tinted windows, Xenon, HiFi option (std in the US ), tow hitch...

Planned date of birth w 7

cheers
/J
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D touring MY 07 facelift M-sport, automatic, Xenon, logic 7, Spacegrey , Cream Dakota, PDC, Comfortseat Delivery in april -07

Ordered my first BMW a week ago.
I have the same problem as "Scandic 24" to choosen color, my choice fell on Titan silver and black Dakota leather, Steptronic, M-sport, Comfort and Advantage option pack, facelift planned delivery in begining of April.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

A double for you guys

Congrats onyour cars.

You will have a great time here
Old 01-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome to both of you and congrats.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Thank's guys!
I'm sure I'll be happy with my E61.

I almost got an Audi A6 Avant but got a better deal on a BMW - also, the option packs on the Audi was crap basically. I had to tick quite a lot of extra options to get to the level of options I have on my current car..
...and so the pricetag went to the roof. Still, no leather seats or PDC, that was extra (expensive) too...
Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by steff99' post='373278' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:00 PM
I have the same problem as "Scandic 24" to choosen color, my choice fell on Titan silver and black Dakota leather, Steptronic, M-sport, Comfort and Advantage option pack, facelift planned delivery in begining of April.
How much extra do you have to pay to get the facelift?
According to my dealer the base price will go up w the FL. I asked if I should wait, but then he said he could not guarantee the price. Was this the case for you too?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D touring MY 07 facelift M-sport, automatic, Xenon, logic 7, Spacegrey , Cream Dakota, PDC, Comfortseat Delivery in april -07

Thank?s guys.

and Hi`Scandic 24!

I pay 700 euro ( 6000SEK) extra for the facelift , but a also get a discount of 9-10% of the total price, so i preferd to wait some more week for the delivery.
My delivery date is around 1 of April.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by steff99' post='373278' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:00 PM

Did the dealer give you any insight on new colours int/ext. and options, or had you only choice on already existing options.?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by eddy' post='373653' date='Jan 4 2007, 08:36 PM
Did the dealer give you any insight on new colours int/ext. and options, or had you only choice on already existing options.?
My dealer had no info about what will be in the facelift - we probably know more than him..?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

Hi and welcome! I too am on my first BMW, after driving Saabs for a number of years! Click on the link in my signature to see what happended to my last Saab :'(

Enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: Just ordered my first BMW!