E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP, Interlagos/Gray, SMG, Cold Weather, Nav E61 530Xi MB/BeigeCold weather, Sport/Premium packages, PDC, Nav, HUD

Was finally able to talk my wife out of a SUV and into the E61 530xI. Getting a military discount helped. Ordering a TiGray, black interior with Premium, cold weather, and sports packages along with PDC, NAV, HUD and rear airbags. Originally wanted the aurburn interior, with black Sap., but the wife didn't like the interior color. Looking forward to the addition to our BMW family in late Jun!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP, Interlagos/Gray, SMG, Cold Weather, Nav E61 530Xi MB/BeigeCold weather, Sport/Premium packages, PDC, Nav, HUD

Pics after delivery. HUD shot, (which I shouldn't have done, no flames please) snapped while driving on the causeway into Venice, Italy.
Attached Thumbnails Just Ordered-3_and_5.jpg   Just Ordered-m_and_5_rear.jpg   Just Ordered-five_driver_side.jpg   Just Ordered-five_upper_quarter.jpg   Just Ordered-fiver_interior.jpg  

Just Ordered-hud_email.jpg  
Old 07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Members

First off, nice car! however, did you change your mind about the color? The pics show a blue with beige E61, your first post states a TiGray with black. Any option changes as well?

How do you like the HUD? I have yet to see one in person.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Members

Wife was undecided on the color, fianlly went with the MB, she thought she'd get bored with TiGray...and we added the window sun shades, no other changes.

HUD is great, especially when using the Nav.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Congrats, very nice car!
Monaco blue or any dark blue with a beige interior is always an awesome combo.

Because of the same reason your wife did I switched from Ti Gray to black in the last moment too.
Can't wait to get mine. :'(
Old 07-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by StuttgartM3' post='308225' date='Jul 8 2006, 02:33 AM
Wife was undecided on the color, fianlly went with the MB, she thought she'd get bored with TiGray...and we added the window sun shades, no other changes.

HUD is great, especially when using the Nav.

The MB with Beige interior is very classy looking! You made a good choice.

I'm leaning toward the Black Sapphire with Auburn, not sure if the wife is going to like the Auburn interior though...
Old 07-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Nice ride!

It was fun to see the one you got after the first post with a Ti spec! I got the Aburn interior and my wife loves it. Had black in 4 cars before and realized that it was boring with a 5th one. Beige is also so nice, but I know my limitations when it gets to keep the interior clean and neat.

Black and Auburn is a great combo as well!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Members

I wanted auburn, but the wife didn't like to two-tone color so.....hey, its her car mainly so had to try and keep her happy with that, besides, I'M the one who gets to CLEAN IT!!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Members

Car looks great! Monaco blue really looks good on E60's. Not to mention Interlagos blue on the M3! I'm guessing you ordered a US version so that you can take it back to the states sometime...as a diesel wagon would be rather enticing Neat to see she drives a stick too! How do you guys like living in Germany?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Contributors

[quote name='Matts' date='Jul 8 2006, 08:26 AM' post='308276']
Congrats, very nice car!
Monaco blue or any dark blue with a beige interior is always an awesome combo.

I'll second that.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered