5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   How to stop the stereo turning off every 5 minutes when washing the c (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/how-stop-stereo-turning-off-every-5-minutes-when-washing-c-56592/)

SteveNotto 06-13-2008 01:42 PM

Can someone help me please.

When washing the car I like to listen to music.I insert the key, press the "start" button and turn on the entertainment system.The music starts.So far so good.After 5 minutes it turns itself off.I have to press the "start" button again to get 5 more minutes before the same happens again.

What is the trick to make sure it plays continuously ? Do I need to start and then stop the engine ? Help ! :( :( :( :(

mcdcherry 06-25-2008 12:48 PM

this drives me mad too...

SteveNotto 06-25-2008 01:06 PM

I have just come inside after washing the car and still the stereo keeps turning off :( :( :( :(

When i saw a reply to this post I thought there was a solution :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One day there will be :lol:

gorban 06-26-2008 03:50 AM

It's a power manangement thing to protect the battery. I don't think this is configurable by the driver. Maybe you should try to post this in the E60 forum for more replies as this is generic to all modern BMW's.

By the way, do you keep the windows open when you wash the car? Or how can you listen to the music when you're washing the car?

Rudy 06-26-2008 06:19 AM

Have you tried pressing the start button twice? I haven't tried it lately but I think you can get the stereo to play longer than five minutes doing it this way. There will eventually be a point when the car will throw the increased battery discharge message up and will turn off the radio but it will be longer than five minutes.

Also, don't forget to completely turn off the hvac blower, etc. while you're listening to give you as much time as possible...

wlkonacloud 06-26-2008 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SteveNotto' post='602159' date='Jun 13 2008, 05:42 PM
Can someone help me please.

When washing the car I like to listen to music.I insert the key, press the "start" button and turn on the entertainment system.The music starts.So far so good.After 5 minutes it turns itself off.I have to press the "start" button again to get 5 more minutes before the same happens again.

What is the trick to make sure it plays continuously ? Do I need to start and then stop the engine ? Help ! :( :( :( :(

this happened to me too and it was driving me up the wall.. however yesterday i was listening to music while cleaning my wheels..I put the key in and pressed start and turned on the entertainment system and it stayed on until I shut it off manually...was your key locked in all the way?

SteveNotto 06-26-2008 10:36 AM

Thanks for the help guys.I will give the double press on the start button a try and turn off the A/C fans.Raining hard so will try later on.

2008 Alpine White 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Cold-Weather Package, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Sunshades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed June 4, 2007. Current CIP/Progman: 25.01 27.02
Rudy , are there any options left that you didn't choose ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wlkonacloud 06-26-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SteveNotto' post='610674' date='Jun 26 2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys.I will give the double press on the start button a try and turn off the A/C fans.Raining hard so will try later on.

Rudy , are there any options left that you didn't choose ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol :lol:

Rudy 06-26-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteveNotto' post='610674' date='Jun 26 2008, 02:36 PM

Of course -- I didn't get the anthracite headliner... :P