E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.
View Poll Results: If Carbon Black is the ext colour, and seats are Nasca Beige I should go for
Light Poplar wood
19.05%
Dark Poplar Wood
9.52%
stay with std "Pentan"
14.29%
High gloss
57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

help me choose interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Well... I've come so far that I have decided to go with Carbon Black and ventilated seats. As I what a lighter colour in the car than black, the only leather option is beige (Nasca only comes with two alternatives).

But I cannot make my mind up about the decor trim. please give me a push in the "right" direction...
Attached Thumbnails help me choose interior trim-light.jpg   help me choose interior trim-dark.jpg   help me choose interior trim-high-gloss.jpg   help me choose interior trim-pentan.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 520i S/E LCI mod.6-2008extras:sun roof,PDC ,Xenon,sport packet etc.Mods:Outsite: full look //m5(bumbers/mirrors/fenders/side skirts/trunk finisher/wheels 166/big-brakes-kit //m5)Angel eyes Gp-thunder 8500kInsite: cluster //m5 optik
Model Year: 2008

my vote is std pentan because the passenger must be like this if you drive a sunny day.

oooups sorry you are in scandinavia no sun there!!!J/K

but realy i like better the high gloss exept the finger prints on it!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

As per my inputs in the other Post on this topic, I voted for the Black High Gloss; slick, classy and great contrast.
And keeping it clean isn't exactly difficult -- have some wipes & tissue in the driver's door storage compartment and give the trim a quick wipe whenever you're stuck in traffic or just ask your passenger to do it for you instead (That's how I did it in my 525d!)

Alternatively I think the Bambus Masser you posted as "Dark Poplar" looks good. Aluminium with beige just doesn't work IMHO and the classic wood look is just not my thing.

Good luck choosing...
Old 02-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx
As per my inputs in the other Post on this topic, I voted for the Black High Gloss; slick, classy and great contrast.
And keeping it clean isn't exactly difficult -- have some wipes & tissue in the driver's door storage compartment and give the trim a quick wipe whenever you're stuck in traffic or just ask your passenger to do it for you instead (That's how I did it in my 525d!)

Alternatively I think the Bambus Masser you posted as "Dark Poplar" looks good. Aluminium with beige just doesn't work IMHO and the classic wood look is just not my thing.

Good luck choosing...
+1 on everything

I have a microfiber cloth in my glovebox - it cleans the high gloss trim in seconds
Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

take a look at the pic and you will see that the high gloss is the one and only for this type of leather color.
Pentan is IMHO not suitable for beige, the other 2 colors are too old-fashioned when it comes to order with such a sporty car.
I hope this helps you a little bit.

BTW: what kind of motorization do you want to order?

BTW: I would recommend to change from beige to beige/black,
first of all due to winter time,when you have to clean an all beige interior almost everyday because of the high amount of dirt!!
I am very happy to have chosen black with creambeige,otherwiese I would've gone crazy until today..
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

on the picture I saw that you want to order also Hi-Fi individual..a very good entertaining system. but a bit overprized IMHO, logic 7 is almost as good as indiv. and you pay less..
just my 2 cents
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano
BTW: I would recommend to change from beige to beige/black,
we talked about this in the other post and Beige/Black or NaturalBrown/Black are not possible with the Ventilated Seats option. With Ventilated Seats you can only have Black or Beige leather, as these are the only two colours BMW offers for the "leather with holes"

For the record, I think your colour combo is great
Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ivano
on the picture I saw that you want to order also Hi-Fi individual..a very good entertaining system. but a bit overprized IMHO, logic 7 is almost as good as indiv. and you pay less..
just my 2 cents
I have the ÜberAudio system already and I like it a lot, so it goes into the new car too!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

I passed by the dealer on my way home and lo and behold if they didn't have one E61 M-sport with Pentan and one E60 Carbon black, high gloss and beige leather! Someone up there must like me... And it's no question - the High gloss wins the neck-to-neck race.

It's a pity they discontinued the brushed alu in the M-sport. It's still my favourite.

It'll be a 530i again vit ze sport auto tranny. Brain says diesel but heart says petrol, and with me my heart always wins... (Said the nerd!)
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Contributors

Great to hear that worked out for you -- great colour combo

I was an absolute diesel nut and still a huge advocate, but having had the petrol for about a month now, I can totally understand your decision. The emotion the petrol gives you with its sound and higher revs is just awesome and adds another dimension to the driving pleasure I'm very jealous about your SAT though!

Quick Reply: help me choose interior trim