E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Geometry and track rods

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

Right chaps - after taking it in for a geometry after slamming her ass to the deck - several things came up.

Under heat the front track rods wouldn't budge (so i have some on order), one of the rears just wouldn't dial in the last degree, so the chap had to compensate on the other side apparently...

Stage 1 Ok so firstly I've ordered the track rods (Euro) and also a gaiter set from BMW (as every other firm has them on back order) - We dont know if the BM gaiter set is singular or for both (the kit turns up tomorrow) I suspect single.... They only have one kit in stock too so to do the job this weekend, i'll have to grind an existing rod in two to remove and reuse the old gaiter (new clips from BM).

Stage 2 Is me sourcing some M sport shocks/springs - and lifting the back via INPA (hopefully this will dial in properly next time)

stage 3 - Get the geometry redone - the chap pulled me over to the machine, and only had several options going upto 18" wheels - I instructed him to use the none active 18" wheel set up - as he had no other reference point - was this the correct thing to do?

Lots of stuff here, apologies