E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

First scratch!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear members,

My wife scratched the font bumper of my E61 LCI yesterday. It seems a new one needs to be fitted. Anyone knows howmuch a front bumper alone costs??
Incl. labour, painting.

However, this might clear my way to get a complete set of sports front, rear and side parts. which could be (partly) bij my insurer.I saw prices about ? 1000,- in the UK for a complete set incl. labour and painting.

Is there a lot of price difference between the mentioned parts.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

upgrade to m-tech kit?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='431467' date='Jun 3 2007, 09:06 PM
upgrade to m-tech kit?
+1

hi eddy - probably worth PMing our in-house M-Sport member quad_m to see if he can help you with a sensible quote as an alternative to a standard bumper... especially with Euro vs. Dollar values
Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

upgrade to m-tech kit?
+1
Old 06-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Members

My Ride: E91 325i ´06

upgrade to m-tech kit?
You know you want it
Old 06-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 520d SE, Black Dakota, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by eddy' post='431464' date='Jun 3 2007, 07:51 PM
Dear members,

My wife scratched the font bumper of my E61 LCI yesterday. It seems a new one needs to be fitted. Anyone knows howmuch a front bumper alone costs??
Incl. labour, painting.

However, this might clear my way to get a complete set of sports front, rear and side parts. which could be (partly) bij my insurer.I saw prices about ? 1000,- in the UK for a complete set incl. labour and painting.

Is there a lot of price difference between the mentioned parts.
I have had the same thing done to the front corner of my bumber. However, I would call it more of a scuff than a scratch. But can't these things be repaired? I'm sure I've seen companies repairing minor damage like this quite cheaply.

Of course, if you're intent on finding an excuse to upgrade your body kit then this is the perfect excuse. However, for me, I'd rather just get the thing fixed.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by sguilliard' post='432957' date='Jun 7 2007, 02:54 AM
I have had the same thing done to the front corner of my bumber. However, I would call it more of a scuff than a scratch. But can't these things be repaired? I'm sure I've seen companies repairing minor damage like this quite cheaply.

Of course, if you're intent on finding an excuse to upgrade your body kit then this is the perfect excuse. However, for me, I'd rather just get the thing fixed.
it is possible to get it repaired. when i was hit from behind, there was nothing on my rear bumper except dents and scratches. to get an estimate to give the lady who bumped me, i was a little surprized that it was $525 just for the bumper, $956 for the bumper, paint, and labor. i just had the bumper repaired by a guy who does paintless dent removal mostly and it only cost me $250. there are some rough spots in the paint but not noticeable. color match was perfect and looked good as new. getting the m-tech or any body kit for that matter is just another option that would give the car a whole new look.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sguilliard' post='432957' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:54 AM

Bad news,

the M sports parts cant be fitted in combo with an tow bar.
BTW i have the tow bar installed yesterday, instead of detachable its a fully automatic. Just a press on a button in the booth and it comes from behind the rear bumper.

May I call this a little decadent? But it works very nice.