E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61, US ordering options

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready to order a 530xi, in the US.

I am especially interested in electrically folding outside mirrors. Using my German to English translator, I think, this would be option # 430. The translation says somthing about the headlights too.

Innen- und Au?enspiegel, automatisch abblendend (430)
mit Anklappfunktion f?r Au?enspiegel

Do you think this will conflict with the US premium package with bi-level xenons?

I would also like to order "privacy glass". Does anyone know the order code?

Are there any "under the radar" options that would be available to me in the US?

Do you guys think I can get away with ordering these options in the US?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Members

You CANNOT order special equipment on US Spec car. BMWNA will not process the order. You can order three Priority 1 options for 530xi. 775 Headliner, 453 Vent seats, and Naca Leather U6XX thats it. And to get 453 and Nasca leather u MUST also order 456 Comfort Seats.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Members

Deleted
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Members

My salesman seems to be pleading ignorance when it comes to Priority One options. I was able to find a PDF file with the Prioity 1 options for MY2005. Does anyone know where I can get a copy for MY2006?

I read elsewhere that if you order the Priority One, vent seats and Nasca Leather, it then is not possible to get the cold weather package. Does any one know if this is true? Anyone have a photo of the anthricite headliner?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Members

Yes you can order ZCW package with vent seats and Nasca Leather and you MUST if you want 496 HRS
There are some photos of headliner around here just do a search of option code 775 and u will find it. As far as the dealer is concerned give him/her the option codes you want and fill in the form and put into system or find a NEW dealer. One more thing if you order sport PKG you pay for sport seats then comfort seats then Vent seats and Nasca leather Either U6SW (black)or U6xx for beige I forgot the beige code thats it two color choices.
Originally Posted by zlee1' post='193190' date='Nov 3 2005, 08:42 PM
My salesman seems to be pleading ignorance when it comes to Priority One options. I was able to find a PDF file with the Prioity 1 options for MY2005. Does anyone know where I can get a copy for MY2006?

I read elsewhere that if you order the Priority One, vent seats and Nasca Leather, it then is not possible to get the cold weather package. Does any one know if this is true? Anyone have a photo of the anthricite headliner?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 AM
Members

Thank you for your reply.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zlee1' post='193337' date='Nov 4 2005, 04:19 AM
Thank you for your reply.
Let us know if you can get the power folding mirrors. My guess is no as that's not a BMWNA sanctioned option (meaning it's not even a Priority 1). But you never know until you try. Your dealer will have to try however and most are not willing to even try and buck the system.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Members

My salesperson gave the impression that he would not even try. This guy has sold my family at leaset 10 BMWs in the past 12 years. When I ordered my current E46, he was willing to order a special color for me (as long as I paid $2500 for it.) Instead of becoming more accomodating, I think BMWNA is becoming less tollerant of any order that is out of the norm. I buying a 62K car here, why can't US customers be treated like the rest of the world. BMW buyers are passionate about their cars. That is why there are boards like this for BMW. I feed that the "100% refund policy" rational is a load of crap. There is a buyer for every car. I don't think an option such as "electrically folding mirrors" or "privacy glass" will keep a car from being sold. I just really want a way to make my car special and different.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zlee1' post='193398' date='Nov 4 2005, 07:47 AM
My salesperson gave the impression that he would not even try. This guy has sold my family at leaset 10 BMWs in the past 12 years. When I ordered my current E46, he was willing to order a special color for me (as long as I paid $2500 for it.) Instead of becoming more accomodating, I think BMWNA is becoming less tollerant of any order that is out of the norm. I buying a 62K car here, why can't US customers be treated like the rest of the world. BMW buyers are passionate about their cars. That is why there are boards like this for BMW. I feed that the "100% refund policy" rational is a load of crap. There is a buyer for every car. I don't think an option such as "electrically folding mirrors" or "privacy glass" will keep a car from being sold. I just really want a way to make my car special and different.
I agree. Would very much like the power folding mirrors. When I order my 550i I'll push my dealer. They're good people, I know them well, and this will be car number 6, the 4th in 2 years (crazy, I know). Just the same I'm not holding my breath. I know my salesman will try but he'll also be stymied by BMWNA.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Sep. 2005 build, silver gray/gray/black anthracite, Steptronic, Premium, Premium Sound, NAV, PDC.
Model Year: 2006

When you consider that my friend's 2004 Audi Allroad had automatically folding mirrors - you'd think they could / would put it on BMWs.

Quick Reply: E61, US ordering options