E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 Touring M sport - Tow Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Has anyone got a E61 M Sport with a factory BMW tow bar fitted ? I am keen to know how it looks as I dont want it to look nasty when the tow bar is not attached.

If anyone has a pic of what it looks like with tow bar detached I would appreciate it.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:39 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently: E46 M3 -02 Topaz, SMG, HK etc (Will stay). On order : 530d Touring TiSilver, BlackDakota Leather, M-sport Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Active Stearing, Xenon, BT etc.

Hi,

I have an M-Package equiped touring with towbar, sorry no pics but the installation is hardly noticable from any normal viewing angles.

I'll try to explain what it looks like, on the bottom inner edge of the bumper there is a cover raising maybe 1 cm from the other surface, see ascii sketch below. It realy blends nicely with the bumper.

\-------------\____/-------------/

I'll try to take a picture but it's getting dark and cold here up north (-12 centigrades this morning).

/H?kan

Edit: Trying to attach a image of my dirty behind
E61 Touring M sport - Tow Bar-20051025_0003_small.jpg
Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Members

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, if you do get a chance to take a pic so I cn see what it looks like I would be grateful. I want to place order today or tomorrow and still unsure if I want to include it as an option or not !

Keep warm

J

Originally Posted by hahel' date='Oct 25 2005, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I have an M-Package equiped touring with towbar, sorry no pics but the installation is hardly noticable from any normal viewing angles.

I'll try to explain what it looks like, on the bottom inner edge of the bumper there is a cover raising maybe 1 cm from the other surface, see ascii sketch below. It realy blends nicely with the bumper.

\-------------\____/-------------/

I'll try to take a picture but it's getting dark and cold here up north (-12 centigrades this morning).

/H?kan
[snapback]188360[/snapback]
Old 10-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Hello H?kan!

Very OT... I'm thinking of change my E61-525i to a 535D or 530D. Was there any special reasons why you got the 530D instead of the 535D, or was it never an option for you?

H?lsningar

/Robert
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Members

My Ride: Currently: E46 M3 -02 Topaz, SMG, HK etc (Will stay). On order : 530d Touring TiSilver, BlackDakota Leather, M-sport Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Active Stearing, Xenon, BT etc.

Hi Robert,

One very special reason, i want to do the shifting by my self and thats not an option on the 535d .
Also with this car i wanted a fuelefficent and decent performing daily driver.

If i want to play i'll use my other toy

/H?kan
Old 10-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

Hej H?kan!

Ah, the manual transmission... I live in the Swedish area of trafficjam so I was looking at auto this time. But that was a good reason and the fuelside must be way better with the manual.

/Robert
Old 10-31-2005, 02:35 AM
Members

Hej Robert!

If i had to deal with Stockholm/major city traffic situation on a daily basis my priorities might have been different, but my comute is composed of 3-5 min of city driving and 20 minutes of highway.

I wish they had offered SMG for the Disels but that were not an option

/H?kan
Old 10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Members

Hej igen H?kan!

SMG would have been the choise for me as well! A little strange that they only offer it to 3 of the 5-series. Maybe we have to get a M5D to get the SMG in a diesel.

What do you like the Logic 7? I have Hi-fi upgrade in my car and considering upgrading to Logic 7 in the next one.

Regards, Robert
Old 10-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Members

God morgon Robert!

I havn't listened to the other sound options on the 5-series, so my comparison will be with the HK-system in the M3.

Overall i think the L7 gives a good and balanced soundimage but this morning i were listening to Gren Day American Idiot and were missing the Bass of the M3.

Try to talk to your dealer and get to test listen the different speaker systems.
And don't forget to bring a CD with the kind of music that you listen to with the volume turned up loud .

Oh and by the way, if you want the possibility to play MP3:s don't forget to order at least Pro-radio (I wish i had that knowledge when i ordered ).

/H?kan
Old 11-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Members

Hej igen H?kan!

Thanks for the inputs, I will go and try to see what the systems can deliver. Good input to bring my kind of music!

I'm thinking to install some kind of DVD input system or use the AUX for iPod or similar player. Thanks anyway for the warning!

/Robert

Quick Reply: E61 Touring M sport - Tow Bar