E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

DIY: Rear Self-Suspension Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

To lower the rear just unscrew the bracket in the black box (sensor), rotate it unclockwise a bit and screw it again. To drop a bit more make sure that the pin of the bracket is off the sensor hole. Hard to explain but once you see it, is quite easy to understand.
Some Tips:
1. Few changes makes big difference in height
2. It is air suspension so it will have the same confort at all heights. Once is the amount of air in the bags that will set the height, ridding it too low will make to hit the bottom end of the suspension at the slightest bounce.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did I give you permission to use pictures of my car to slag me off? I think not.

As stated other places, some people (me included) does not like that solution and prefer to do it in another way.

I do not understand why you think this is a big problem, people need to be allowed to sort things their own way

Also, I am not saying this to sell more of my link arms, as I only made some few sets, which are now sold out.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

Sorry for trying to clarify such a requested theme in this forum. I don't understand why you are so upset...

As for the pics, no need for your colaboration, thank you very much.

DIY: Rear Self-Suspension Lowering-535d-self-suspension-sensor.jpg

Take off the rear wheel to see what is in the pic. Inside of the red circle it is the bracket that hold the self-leveling sensor (one each side). As you can see, the bracket has a hole where a pin of the sensor gets in to prevent from moving. So to lower the suspension to need to unscrew the bolt and rotate the sensor clockwise. Like in the pic, the pin will be out of the place but my car is like that for tree years without a single problem. Just tight well the bolt and you if you want to be even safer, put blue locktite in the bolt (i didn't put in mine). Be sure that both sensors has the same angle to prevent different heights left and right.