E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Cracking trunk door

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

My trunk door is cracking since a while now; anybody else experience this ?

Carboflo does not help
Old 04-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Noices form the trunk seem very common. The dealer ordered some modification for the plastic parts in the trunk door. He also ordered 4 new modified door-rubbers.

Just wait and see.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='Apr 9 2005, 06:00 PM
My trunk door is cracking since a while now; anybody else experience this ?

Carboflo does not help?
[snapback]113366[/snapback]

If finally found the solution for my cracking noice from the trunk door

The glass door -which can be lifted separately - is fixed with a small black steel hook which goes in the trunkdoor (lock). Now wind some duct tape around this hook and the glass section is fixed much tighter in the lock.

Test: if you can push the glass section for some millimeters downwards voila; if this doesn't apply for your car you could fix as some prevention.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

Hello again M!

That fix sounds very similar to the one used on the rattling hatch of the Mini.

Not a week goes by that I don't think about buying another.
You still enjoying yours?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Apr 23 2005, 07:01 AM
Hello again M!

That fix sounds very similar to the one used on the rattling hatch of the Mini.

Not a week goes by that I don't think about buying another.?
You still enjoying yours?
[snapback]119025[/snapback]

Yes it is the very same fix; we still enjoy the Works very much.

Cheers,

Michiel