E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

BMW is a fast car

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing is I?ve been waiting for delivery TOO long now.

As some of you can remember my car was supposed to be on my driveway several weeks ago.
Car produced week 18 and came by boat to Halmstad (Sweden) week 19. T h e n n o t h i n g h a p p e n e d . . .
Car still in Halmstad.
Salesperson first says that the company in charge of BMW?s transportations here in Sweden has problems with too many cars to deliver. Both BMW and Audi is affected.
Then BMW-Sweden says that the long delay is due to problems with the protective transportation skin that both BMW and Audi has on their cars befor delivery. If this is the right reason nobody knows.
The latest news are that the car will arrive to my dealer in a couple of days. FIVE weeks to late. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

If I?m lucky I?ll have my car before friday. But who knows . . .

BMW is a fast car - if you exclude delivery

Ti
Old 06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Sorry to hear that Ti. I've been subjected to delays by the logistics companies being unable to keep up with demand, but an additional 5 weeks is plain crazy There's obviously a major hic-up in the Swedish auto-industry supply chain and no doubt a lot of frustrated customers out there. Someone in the chain will no doubt will be paying dearly for that mistake.

Hope your car really is there in a few days - fingers crossed...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='436755' date='Jun 17 2007, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Ti. I've been subjected to delays by the logistics companies being unable to keep up with demand, but an additional 5 weeks is plain crazy There's obviously a major hic-up in the Swedish auto-industry supply chain and no doubt a lot of frustrated customers out there. Someone in the chain will no doubt will be paying dearly for that mistake.

Hope your car really is there in a few days - fingers crossed...
Thanx !
I have so many fingers crossed that I?m nearly unable to work !
Hope to get the car before Midsummer, which is a major holiday in Sweden.

Ti
Old 06-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I was warned already in March that they are suffering from logistic hiccups at the port in Halmstad. My dealer refuse to say if thedelivery after production will take four weeks (normal) or more, because they have had customers that have had to wait six weeks for delivery. It's important to stress that this is not BMW's fault, but the company who recieves the shipping. Well, in a way it's BMW's fault - they have sold too many cars... But one hopes that they should have at least trimmed the organisation by now and got down to four weeks again. This is bad thing really. :thumbsdown: Until proven wrong, I still hope to get my car in week 28. At least - now it exist physically!

I hope you get the car before Midsummer, Titanium! I know how frustrating it is right now for you...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Members

My Ride: soon 520d touring delivery week26 Black with black dakota lether M-sport xenon big climat towhitch elec,trunkdoor hifispeakers usb/mp3 option ext,int,light isofix comfortseats

Originally Posted by titanium' post='436852' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:11 AM
Thanx !
I have so many fingers crossed that I?m nearly unable to work !
Hope to get the car before Midsummer, which is a major holiday in Sweden.

Ti

Hope you will get your car till midsummer!
How is the dealer keep you happy? Loaner car? or what?
Or will you claim for economic compensation when you will get your car???

Also waiting for my car and hopefully to pic it up next week but haven?t heard anything from my dealer.
If my car will be delayed it will ruin my familys holliday plan. ( a drive to Torreveija Spain) :thumbsdown:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

I must have been lucky then. Ordered the car in early March and was told there was a 12 week delivery time and the car would be delivered in week 22, which it was.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I have an update about the prolonged delivery weeks:
Acording to my dealer the problem has been that the protective coat has been removed in M?nchen, and when cars have travelled on trains (for example) they have been at the arrival in Sweden so dirty that it has taken the receiving station ages to get the car ready for delivery. So, now the protective coat stays on until the car reaches Sweden, which make life much easier for the guys in Halmstad. So delivery should be back to 4 weeks again!

My car should be at the dealer in week 27, christ! It is starting to get real
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Members

At laaaast ! The car has arrived at my dealer

The x-ed fingers did help . . .

Tomorrow afternoon in the very last hour before midsummer there will be explosions and fireworks at the dealer.
Just hope everything is fine with the car concidering it has been standing 6 weeks in Halmstad. I?d better ceep my fingers crossed a little while longer.

Ti
Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Members

My Ride: soon 520d touring delivery week26 Black with black dakota lether M-sport xenon big climat towhitch elec,trunkdoor hifispeakers usb/mp3 option ext,int,light isofix comfortseats

Originally Posted by titanium' post='437831' date='Jun 20 2007, 08:06 PM
At laaaast ! The car has arrived at my dealer

The x-ed fingers did help . . .

Tomorrow afternoon in the very last hour before midsummer there will be explosions and fireworks at the dealer.
Just hope everything is fine with the car concidering it has been standing 6 weeks in Halmstad. I?d better ceep my fingers crossed a little while longer.

Ti

Well i will keep my fingers crossed for a little longer then! But really great news!!
Talked to my dealer yesterday and my car is in Halmstad waiting for transportation to Stockholm....Hope that it will be delivered next week but don?t know...