E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

aftermarket wheels on E61

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM
krd
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there

I have just joined the group and picking up an E61 535D M Sport (06 model) and was just wondering if there are any threads with pictures of aftermarket or other OEM wheels on the E61? I tried a search but didnt come up with much. Even if not that then maybe any pictures or suggestions on using spacers with the stock 18" MV2? I just dont like how lost the wheels look on such a big car so was either looking to change the alloys to something tasteful and still try and keep a OEM look (the car is under BMW warranty so dont want it to look too obvious of a change) and if not change the wheels then for now just use spacers to bring them out a bit?

Any suggestions would be cool :-)

Looks like a great forum!

K
Old 01-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Senior Members

It's a great forum indeed

Try this for all OEM wheels. Select E60 in the drop down menu and you'll get the full list with all specs:
http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

On aftermarket wheels, there are numerous threads - just use the search function with more creativity and patience.

Spacers are a great first step though and clearly change the look for the better on 17/18/19 inch OEM wheels. I presume "MV2" is the 18-inch Style M135? The well established combination of spacers on 18-inch OEM wheels is 5mm front and 15mm rear. However, 10mm front and 20mm rear will still look excellent, without pushing the wheels out of the wells for that kinky chav-tuner appearance. For good prices on spacers, try www.larkspeed.co.uk.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
krd
New Members

Hi thank you very much for the information, I will take a look through their website and a bit more searching on here. I really want to keep a very OEM look but just enhanced rather than anything over the top. Thanks again
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by krd
Hi thank you very much for the information, I will take a look through their website and a bit more searching on here. I really want to keep a very OEM look but just enhanced rather than anything over the top. Thanks again

you may not know but 3 wheels from the same time period (e9-) will also fit the e61 because they have the same center bore. this is also true for the same era 7 series and x3. older cars had a different center bore and i'm not sure about the newest ones. you can also use the "realoem" parts website interface to see more details on wheels linked to your actual car: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Old 01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Are their offsets the same too? Or do you mean wheels from the XI versions of those cars would match ours?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

May not work w/ them unlike US market the E61 across the pond is mostly RWD (I think xi/AWD is rather rare) ... AFAIK only US market E61 uses AWD/xi setup.

On the other hand ... the new F10 wheel setup uses high/big offset like us AWD/xi (and/or 3-series/e9x) model too.

Originally Posted by jwestpro
you may not know but 3 wheels from the same time period (e9-) will also fit the e61 because they have the same center bore. this is also true for the same era 7 series and x3. older cars had a different center bore and i'm not sure about the newest ones. you can also use the "realoem" parts website interface to see more details on wheels linked to your actual car: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

All 3-series e9x model uses high/big offset, so look at their market for more variety of choices.

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Are their offsets the same too? Or do you mean wheels from the XI versions of those cars would match ours?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
All 3-series e9x model uses the same high/big offset as us AWD/xi model, so look at their market for more variety of choices.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
I thought you knew this from the wheels I chose? SOME 3 series wheels have an appropriate offset and some don't. It is not an x vs rwd issue so much as whatever the offset ends up being. I have M3 front wheels but the full staggered set would have also worked just fine. front 18x8.5 ET 29, fits perfectly fine even with my larger tire chosen. The rear 9.5 has an ET 23. The 23 might be close but my 8.5" ET 29 seems to have a lot of room left. I chose square set for rotation and spare though of course.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
the E61 across the pond is mostly RWD
On the contrary, this is exactly why there would actually be even more options to choose from.

Quick Reply: aftermarket wheels on E61