E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

2008 535xiT Remote Locking / Unlocking Faults

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54
Default 2008 535xiT Remote Locking / Unlocking Faults

Hi, Everyone-

Both my keys' remote locking & unlocking features recently stopped working. I think I've exhausted the troubleshooting available on the forums, but before I throw my hands up & take it to the shop, I thought I'd see if anybody has any experience with fixing this.

Car:

- 2008 535xiT, non-comfort access

Failure:

- Car was locked. Hit unlock button once, driver door unlocked (as expected). Hit unlock button 2nd time, no response.
- Tested 2nd key remote locking. No response.
- Tested both keys in ignition. Both will start the car.
- All personalization associated with the keys (radio presets, lighting settings, clock format, etc.) was reset to factory default.

Actions Taken:

- Replaced car battery & registered it using DIS (I'd observed other electrical gremlins and the battery was at 11.5 volts and 7 years old, so I figured it was time). No change
- Checked fuses. All appear to be good.
- Re-set personalization. Personalization memory is maintained.
- Inspected diversity antenna amp. Found corrosion on lower right corner. Replaced with new. No change.
- Performed both key reinitialization procedures in this thread: https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...ey-fob-115121/ . No change.
- Confirmed that both keys are "enabled" using DIS.

If anybody has any other ideas or insights, they'd be much appreciated!

-SportUniversaal