E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

2005 E61 - instrument panel not working entirely

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Firstly, this is my first post on this forum so I guess I should say hello! I am very fortunate to have 2005 530d M Sport Touring in the UK (space grey). It has only done 34,000 miles so is in excellent condition . I have owned it for nearly two years and it has been very reliable and is like driving a new car every day!

Here lies my problem:-

I noticed today that the lights on my dash board for the side lights and the dipped beam headlights have stopped working. The actual lights they represent work fine. I have checked the fuses and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Although the car is 7 years old it has only done 34k miles so it very clean and well looked after, I am therefore at a loss as to what the problem is. If I flash full beam or use the fog lights the dash lights for these work fine. All the other self check lights (eg Airbags ABS) work fine.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had the issue but more importantly successfully had it rectified?

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Daniel
Old 06-24-2012, 12:13 AM
New Members

Hi Daniel, I was not aware that there was an indication lamp for the headlights on the main cluster (except high beam assist). I have an lci and the only indication for the headlights is a small green led next to the physical headlight rotary switch.

In the hidden OBC menu 2.01 you can perform a cluster test and see what lights up.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by xd-blue
Hi Daniel, I was not aware that there was an indication lamp for the headlights on the main cluster (except high beam assist). I have an lci and the only indication for the headlights is a small green led next to the physical headlight rotary switch.

In the hidden OBC menu 2.01 you can perform a cluster test and see what lights up.

I am sure there is a green dipped headlight symbol - I'm just off to google that hidden menu to see if I can attempt a cluster test.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

Daniel
Old 06-24-2012, 03:22 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by djcentrino
I am sure there is a green dipped headlight symbol - I'm just off to google that hidden menu to see if I can attempt a cluster test.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

Daniel

How stupid do I feel!!! I don't have them!!! A BIG THANK YOU TO XD-BLUE - Just imagine the embarrassment and cost if I had indeed taken it to a Main dealer!

In my defence, I live at my work so last drove the car a whole week ago but have been driving my wife's Skoda to fill it up with petrol - I have just checked hers and she has the green dipped light bulb in the dash cluster.

Thank you very much.

Daniel
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

That's why we're here, Daniel. And welcome to the forum!