E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Xenon Headlight assembly for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i, Orient Blue, bought used with 22000 miles. Grey lether, sport package, BMW Assist, Cold Weather package. Xenons. NOT premium for some reason, I do like the metal finish vs. the wood, but do miss the garage opener.
Red face

I had a minor fender bender and had to have my front bumper replaced. THe headlights were fine, but they got moved back a fraction of an inch and broke off the little plastic part that connects them to the top of the engine compartment. The little plastic part is only $1.85 but my body shop thought they had to order the entire headlamp assembly to get it. They didn't realize it was a separate part. So they ordered the whole assembly. When they came in, they tried to install them and figured out that the little plastic bit DIDN'T COME WITH THE insanely expensive headlights! So they orderd the $1.85 parts and finished the job. I got new headlights since they had already ordered and installed them, and insurance was paying.

Anyway, I have these 2 perfectly good headlight assemblies (they still need the $1.85 clip which I guess would already be in your car anyway). They don't have the XENON bulb in them because the bulb is not included in the assembly.

These headlights are the XENON model, with the active headlight thing that makes them move from side to side. I have no idea if you can use these to upgrade a car without XENON, but I assume it might work. Let me know if you know for sure if it will or won't work to just pop these babies in there.

The assemblies cost about $500-600 EACH, over $1,000 for the set. I'm thinking of putting them on ebay but I'm sure it's a limited market.

If you are interested in buying them, send me an email.

I'm hoping to recover some of my insurance deductable. I promise they are "like new" and I will send pictures, and guarantee your money back.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Members

Shouldn't this be in classifieds?
You got a bump outta this.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wrlominick' date='Aug 17 2005, 05:58 PM
I had a minor fender bender and had to have my front bumper replaced.? THe headlights were fine, but they got moved back a fraction of an inch and broke off the little plastic part that connects them to the top of the engine compartment.? The little plastic part is only $1.85 but my body shop thought they had to order the entire headlamp assembly to get it.? They didn't realize it was a separate part.? So they ordered the whole assembly.? When they came in, they tried to install them and figured out that the little plastic bit DIDN'T COME WITH THE insanely expensive headlights!? So they orderd the $1.85 parts and finished the job.? I got new headlights since they had already ordered and installed them, and insurance was paying.?

Anyway, I have these 2 perfectly good headlight assemblies (they still need the $1.85 clip which I guess would already be in your car anyway).? They don't have the XENON bulb in them because the bulb is not included in the assembly.

These headlights are the XENON model, with the active headlight thing that makes them move from side to side.? I have no idea if you can use these to upgrade a car without XENON, but I assume it might work.? Let me know if you know for sure if it will or won't work to just pop these babies in there.

The assemblies cost about $500-600 EACH, over $1,000 for the set.? I'm thinking of putting them on ebay but I'm sure it's a limited market.

If you are interested in buying them, send me an email.

I'm hoping to recover some of my insurance deductable.? I promise they are "like new" and I will send pictures, and guarantee your money back.
[snapback]160436[/snapback]