E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

wood trim swap or purchase if price is right

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 07:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54
Default wood trim swap or purchase if price is right

Hi guys i just picked up my 09 e60 lci n54 (I'm getting the lingo down a bit now)
while i was a way.. i ordered some carbon fiber vinyl that was on sale from simcarbon.com.. be cause i cant stand wood trim all but one that is..

Anyway I wraped the front dash in in graphite carbon, looks sweet, its the color I want and verything .. prob 1 the simcarbon.com stuff ...its junk, doesnt stick well..around the vent area, ive ordered the 3m di-noc ca-420 to redo it ..see attached pic

so we take her to dinner and my wife is like ..i like the wood better...

SO... HAPPY WIFE...HAPPY life...I would like to trade my wood for the gray wood. any takers ?

attched is the pdf of the car and trim pic im looking for the "gray wood" version i hope its available in this model.

ohh does the s609a have an EQ setting?
Attached Thumbnails wood trim swap or purchase if price is right-image1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MY 535ix.pdf (716.1 KB, 223 views)
Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ix
Model Year: 2020

you will find there are not a lot of LCI cars out there--the doors and the idrive were changed and make it hard to find stuff for us since 2009-2010 were unique.

what do you mean grey wood? I have the dark bamboo trim on the black interior but swapped it out for aluminum trim. you will find that a lot of vinyl is hard around the vents and I hated the imperfect look. I now have a combination of real bmw aluminum trim on my vents and center console and the doors/idrive section are wrapped--until I can find them, but hard to find.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54

Hmmm that does pose a problem with this car, it seems like were in the limbo with old and new stuff..

I Thought there was a Gray wood interior maybe not in this model... but its beautiful..anyway ive order enough Di-Noc in grahite... she just have to deal with the carbon..
and i know what ya mean about the imperfections i mess with it as i drive..
Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ix
Model Year: 2020

Originally Posted by rackhacker9275
Hmmm that does pose a problem with this car, it seems like were in the limbo with old and new stuff..

I Thought there was a Gray wood interior maybe not in this model... but its beautiful..anyway ive order enough Di-Noc in grahite... she just have to deal with the carbon..
and i know what ya mean about the imperfections i mess with it as i drive..

that is why I went with real aluminum, no imperfections. and although some people say do not wrap all the way around--when I wrapped the bottom piece where the Idrive is, I wrapped all the way around and tucked everything under and then reattached the coin area. As long as you do not overtighten and push out the vinyl, the result is a perfect corner. it takes some getting used to. A heat gun is critical.

Better than the "professional" I paid to do it, who cut and made it look uneven and cheap.