E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Where to source a OEM mtech kit

Old 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i XDrive M Sport Package
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by dasyhrd
Ok, time for the noobie question..

What would be needed to be done to fit a pre-LCI onto a LCI?
I don't there is any difference unless you have parking sensors. If so, the LCI version of pdc is a larger size than the pre-LCI -- that's how it was explained to me by Extreme Parts in Toronto when I was looking for MTech front bumper only for my 2008.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Errowen
I don't there is any difference unless you have parking sensors. If so, the LCI version of pdc is a larger size than the pre-LCI -- that's how it was explained to me by Extreme Parts in Toronto when I was looking for MTech front bumper only for my 2008.
It's the other way around the lci pdc is smaller then the pre-lci.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by KSwag
Reviving this thread

Dasyhrd - Did you ever find the kit? If so, where? Schmeidmann.com has LCI kits but they're saying shipping to the states is $400-$500 plus needs to be picked up at airport, they can't ship directly to body shop. WTF!

Sourcing parts individually runs $2K++, that's before paint and install

Can anyone help and chime in? How direct are Umnitza and Trinity's fitments? I know they're made of polypropylene but are they sturdy with bending resistance like stock kits?

Let me know
The aftermarket kits from Umniza and Trinity come out of China and they are also produced from PP the content and GF structure is not the same though, not bad at all for an aftermarket, but still not quite as strong. You will notice a clear difference at the front bumper wing clipping area, it's just a little too weak in my opinion. If you take one, then remove your brackets and you will need to trim the bumper side clipping area so it will clip to the bracket if you have LCI, not sure about pre-lci. Also be mindful and take care when fitting and removing for trim adjustments, you can easily break these bumper clips because they are very weak! If you compare the same area to OEM, it's night and day difference. But in the end, the quality is really not that bad for the prices except for a few small issues with gaps and such. The rockers are typically a little short to the body. Rear bumper has similar issues at wing clip area like front does. And what ever you do don't get it prepainted! I seen a kit my friend took and the paint looked and felt like it was rougher than 40 grit paper. Umintza told him to wet sand and compound it and it will all be ok! Perhaps he was just lucky got a bad one when the painter had a little too much crack that day...
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i XDrive M Sport Package
Model Year: 2011

Thanks Tonyb635 for all those details. Maybe the Duraflex version are a better strategy, even though they take a lot more prep.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535 X-Drive | Sport, Premium, Cold, Nav | OEM MTech Kit | MTech V3 3.0 AE | RDash Plate Lights | Interior LED | 6000K Fogs | SAT Retrofit | Continental DWS | Jehnert Speakers | Gloss Vinyl Roof | Custom Ambient Amber Match LED Interior |

Yeah thanks tonyb! Your input is extremely helpful here. Do you have OEM or aftermarket? How's the drone fix going?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Duraflex is a fancy name for fiberglass.

The specific MTECH kits we sell are better and stronger material than the M5tech (front and rear) the side skirts don't much matter as they take almost no abuse at all.

The Mtech style is a sturdy OEM level material.