E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
you've bought the pre-LCI cables when you already seem to have an LCI car. It won't work. The LCI V6.1L conversion is not yet sold. We are still waiting for this thread to publish a finding on that version.
PM sent. Per my first PM to you (and my profile) I stated I have an 2008 M5 LCI car and was interested in cables for it. These are the cables that were sold to me. If you did not have anything yet that would work I'm not sure why you sold me these.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
New Members

OZMosis Lets get an update! ! There are a bunch of us eager to hear the news and get our hands on these.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Members

Hi everyone,
My sincere apologies for keeping you all waiting. Between TWO bouts of the flu through my family plus a crazy work travel schedule, I only managed to install the cables late last night (after returning from a business trip, LOL!)

First, let's take a look at the cables themselves. In the first picture you can see that as with the pre-LCI version, the cables come as a LEFT and RIGHT marked set. You must make sure you install the LEFT cable on the LEFT side tail light, ditto for the RIGHT. For those of you checking out these cables for the first time, Bruce always includes mounting hardware with the cables. The brackets and screws are in the small plastic bag.

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-img_2774.jpg

In the second picture, note the cable heads. In typical Bruce Miranda fashion, the quality of the build is exceptional. For this version of the cables, note that you have 2008+ model year LCI male and female connectors on the cables. As noted in an earlier post, if one of your cable heads is long and flat, you have pre-LCI cables.

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-bruce-cables-2.jpg

In the third picture, you can see my left tail light assembly before installation. Things to note here are that my car is a 2006 build year. I paid the ridiculous $$ to have my local BMW dealership upgrade my headlights and tail lights to the LCI generation. Part of this upgrade includes the tail light conversion cable that you are looking at here with the sticker marked "rear light left side". If you are like me and have done this upgrade, this cable must remain. For owners with an E60 built after 2008, this extra cable will not exist. My thumb is holding the original pre-LCI long and flat rectangular tail light connector in this third photo.

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-bruce-cables-3.jpg

The fourth picture shows the V6.1L Bruce Cable installed. You can see the mounting point for the heat sink, and where the blue Bruce Cable plugs connect as compared to my original setup.

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-bruce-cables-4.jpg

I can safely say that there are no error codes at all, and the install took about 15 minutes last night. The hardest part of the install was finding the right socket size for the hex nut (8mm for anyone who is interested).

I will ask my wife to come out with me tonight and shoot some photos and video of the tail lights in action so you can see what the brake effect looks like in action.

Again, sorry for keeping everyone waiting! More to come this weekend. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have. Just PM me or post 'em on this thread.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Members

Here are a couple of before and after photos of the right side if anyone is interested.

Before

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-bruce-cables-5.jpg

After

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!-bruce-cables-6.jpg
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 PM
New Members

Very nice! Please post pics of how they operate in DRL settings as well as how they operate with having the headlights on. A video would be best if you can swing that.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

Nice job Ozzy.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by horse86
Very nice! Please post pics of how they operate in DRL settings as well as how they operate with having the headlights on. A video would be best if you can swing that.
I got some shots and a short video last night. I will try to take some daytime shots and video where just the DRL are on and post sometime on Sunday.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by horse86
I got some shots and a short video last night. I will try to take some daytime shots and video where just the DRL are on and post sometime on Sunday.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any clue as to when Bruce will start selling this?

Thanks for the pics!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

i need to place an order with my supplier, so need to know what the demand for this is going to be like. With the V6.1L I am going to ask people to agree to a Disclaimer and my Terms and Conditions of sale. The reason the V6.1L has taken this long is because I ran this in my car for 6 months before sending out a few samples. I know the items work but people should be aware of the potential fault that exists on LCI cars where the tail-light wiring overheats and burns. This is a fault that BMW introduced, not myself.
I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE BLAMING ME.
If you cannot accept these terms please do not buy these.

See https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...2/#post1381672

Last edited by bruce_miranda; 12-09-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quick Reply: V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!