E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!

For anyone out there with an 08+ model year 5 series that has LCI tail lights and wants to implement the V6.1 Ricky Brake Effect for your rear tail lights, I am happy to say that the wait is finally over!!

The innovative Mr. Bruce Miranda has been busy testing a set of conversion cables for the past 5 months that will work on 08+ LCI vehicles or pre-LCI vehicles that have undergone the complete LCI lighting upgrade. Bruce has agreed to ship me his very first production run set of V6.1 style cables to install on my E60 M5.

I'm not quite sure what they will look like or how they will mount just yet but I will post pics of everything once the new cables arrive.

Can't wait for them to arrive!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

your led rods will be dimmer with your parking lights and drl? and only bright when you hit the brakes?
no offense, but it sounds like taking a step backwards.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
your led rods will be dimmer with your parking lights and drl? and only bright when you hit the brakes?
no offense, but it sounds like taking a step backwards.
Not at all sir! Instead of the incandescent bulbs behind the LED rods illuminating when you press the brake pedal (which washes out the LED rods completely), the rear fog lights come on instead. In N America, the rear fog light bulbs are unused. Prior to upgrading my headlights and light module to LM2 on my '06 M5, I went and purchased a set of LCI tail lights with the V6.1 cables. The brake effect looked incredible, no noticeable rod dimming at all when pressing the brakes.

Here is a post on the V6.1 cable mod for pre-LCI cars.
https://5series.net/forums/group-buy...i-cars-119680/

Not having the option for the Ricky Brake Effect was the single drawback of doing the complete LCI lighting upgrade from my old pre- LCI system. Now that nuisance has been eliminated, hence my enthusiasm here.

I hope that clarifies things. I will post side by side install pictures when the cables arrive.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Had the boxes coded on my old 545i, loved it. A subtle but nice difference..
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i JB4

I'm still confused on this, is this something that can be done with coding or cables required? I think it looks great. I had to go out and checkout how the brake lights/rods looked like today. You dont get to see your own lights when you step on the brakes!

thanks
-p
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Members

Any updates on this?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

More info please. :-)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
New Members

I think the rear fog lights are used in the adaptive brake lighting in North America and are activated during panic stops to alert other drivers that you are braking hard.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM
New Members

got my 6.1 cables and am trying to install on a 2008 M5. Where are you guys plugging the larger Bruce plug into? I see the smalled plug plugs directly into the back of the tailight (after removing the stock plug)...but I don't see the stock plug that the bigger Bruce cable plug plugs into. This seems idiotproof, 2 plugs, I must not be seeing something. lol help
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by horse86
got my 6.1 cables and am trying to install on a 2008 M5. Where are you guys plugging the larger Bruce plug into? I see the smalled plug plugs directly into the back of the tailight (after removing the stock plug)...but I don't see the stock plug that the bigger Bruce cable plug plugs into. This seems idiotproof, 2 plugs, I must not be seeing something. lol help
you've bought the pre-LCI cables when you already seem to have an LCI car. It won't work. The LCI V6.1L conversion is not yet sold. We are still waiting for this thread to publish a finding on that version.

Quick Reply: V6.1 LCI Bruce Cables for 08+ Model Years Is Coming!!!