E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

V1 detector and voltage problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car in for service to to fix the passange restaint malfuction (fixed for free by the dealer on a goodwill) and have the CD player looked at because it is constantly spinning. Well the SA came back and said that my detector is causing the car to basically stay awake and thats why the CD player won't shut off. I wasn't charged to diagnose the CD player, but I think thats real BS. The V1 isn't hard wired. Just plugged into the cig lighter under dash. And I know there is an update that will solve the CD problem. But I dont think that I got the update. My car was programed for a few hours after the seat mat install. Over all, I am happy with the service. I mean, I didn't buy the car from them and it was 15k out of warranty and I wasn't charged a dime for anything. It was said the battary was low on voltage. I know it proably has something to do with it not being an OEM battary. The dealer I bought it from replaced it. It looks like a stock battary, just says NAPA on it though.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Question is if you remove the V1 does it fix the problem?

Originally Posted by jprovence' post='873246' date='May 8 2009, 10:01 PM
I took my car in for service to to fix the passange restaint malfuction (fixed for free by the dealer on a goodwill) and have the CD player looked at because it is constantly spinning. Well the SA came back and said that my detector is causing the car to basically stay awake and thats why the CD player won't shut off. I wasn't charged to diagnose the CD player, but I think thats real BS. The V1 isn't hard wired. Just plugged into the cig lighter under dash. And I know there is an update that will solve the CD problem. But I dont think that I got the update. My car was programed for a few hours after the seat mat install. Over all, I am happy with the service. I mean, I didn't buy the car from them and it was 15k out of warranty and I wasn't charged a dime for anything. It was said the battary was low on voltage. I know it proably has something to do with it not being an OEM battary. The dealer I bought it from replaced it. It looks like a stock battary, just says NAPA on it though.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Members

nope
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Well, try hard wiring the V1 -- it's only 15 min job and there's DIY.... Mine works just fine...
Old 05-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

So bring it back in w/o the V1 and ask them about the problem.

Originally Posted by jprovence' post='873303' date='May 8 2009, 11:18 PM
nope
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jprovence' post='873246' date='May 9 2009, 01:01 AM
I don't believe that answer... E60 power ports go dead when you shut the car off. V1 can't draw power because there is none... The dead power port was the reason I had to convert by BMW battery tender from power port to alligator clips that I attach under the hood.

And I have a hardwired V1 that doesn't cause any problems
Old 05-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Members

My Ride: M5

I have used a V1 in my 2 M5's for over 3 years without any problems. Wonder if the hardwiring is causing it to short? Def the best detector out there though, so find a way my friend!