E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Spring Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Black leather, Sport Package, Premium Sound, 19x8.5" and 19x9.5" Work VS-XX rims, Eibach Pro Kit springs

Hello everyone. Can anybody recommend some lowering springs that do not compromise the ride too much but still lowers enough (about an inch)? I'm considering ACS, H&R, Eibach or Hamann. Also, can anybody tell me why the ACS and Hamann springs are approx. 3 times more expensive than H&R or Eibach springs (about $600 to $220). Are they that much better? I'm awaiting delivery of my 530 Sport and am starting to order some things already (rims, springs, etc...). I don't want to cut corners on spending if they're worth it (but they have to be worth it). Also, I am not looking for a slammed look (just about an inch lower). I ordered some 19 in. HRE's so I'm already expecting a pretty rough ride so I don't want to make it worse by dumping the car too much. Thanks guys and thank god for the internet...I knew I could find a great forum like this.

Here's a link to the Hamann lowering kit I'm considering:
http://www.eurorev.com/products/index.php?...&id=3669&cat=65
Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Sport, Premium Package, Sports Seats, Xenons, Rear Reflectors.

Originally Posted by BullMkt' date='Mar 30 2005, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone.? Can anybody recommend some lowering springs that do not compromise the ride too much but still lowers enough (about an inch)?? I'm considering ACS, H&R, Eibach or Hamann.? Also, can anybody tell me why the ACS and Hamann springs are approx. 3 times more expensive than H&R or Eibach springs (about $600 to $220).? Are they that much better?? I'm awaiting delivery of my 530 Sport and am starting to order some things already (rims, springs, etc...).? I don't want to cut corners on spending if they're worth it (but they have to be worth it).? Also, I am not looking for a slammed look (just about an inch lower).? I ordered some 19 in. HRE's so I'm already expecting a pretty rough ride so I don't want to make it worse by dumping the car too much.? Thanks guys and thank god for the internet...I knew I could find a great forum like this. ?

Here's a link to the Hamann lowering kit I'm considering:
http://www.eurorev.com/products/index.php?...&id=3669&cat=65
[snapback]108949[/snapback]

I would say to go with H&R's I have a 530i sport and it lowered it perfect with my 20inch hre's... Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails Spring Recommendations-dscn6544.jpg   Spring Recommendations-dscn5994.jpg   Spring Recommendations-dscn6248.jpg  
Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Members

Anyone else lowered theirs using springs other than H&R? I'd be nice to see side-by-side photo comparison.

Also, how do the stock shocks behave with these sport-tuned springs?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Welcome BullMkt !

I don't really have any idea on about other springs beside H&R.. but probably i'll change my H&R spring to eibach. I heard that the ride for eibach spring is not as bumpy as H&R..
Old 03-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, BullMkt !
Old 03-31-2005, 03:41 AM
Members

Hi,

I thought that the biggest difference in ride comfort was in the spring exchange rather than going from winter 16" to summer 19" wheels. So yes, the H&R's are a bit bumpy (but more sporty).
I'm totally satisfied!

Don't know much about the Hamanns nor the ACSs.

Isn't the original sport suspension enough?

God luck chosning!

/R
Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Black leather, Sport Package, Premium Sound, 19x8.5" and 19x9.5" Work VS-XX rims, Eibach Pro Kit springs

Thanks for the welcomes fellas.

Silver530i, that is one sick ride. How rough is it compared to stock? I live in downtown San Diego so 20's would equal dented lips every other week.

Soc Fans, I heard the same about Eibachs too so I'm leaning towards them. I think the Pro Kit eliminates just enough space in the wheel wells without me bouncing all over the place. Yes, admittedly, I used to be one of those kids that would speed around in a slammed rice rocket back in my college days (about ten years ago) and don't feel like going back to that.

Robbo, if the ride height is anything like my 2000 530 Sport, than it just isn't low enough for my taste (I'd like to eliminate some of the wheel well space).
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BullMkt' date='Mar 31 2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the welcomes fellas.?

Silver530i, that is one sick ride.? How rough is it compared to stock?? I live in downtown San Diego so 20's would equal dented lips every other week.

Soc Fans, I heard the same about Eibachs too so I'm leaning towards them.? I think the Pro Kit eliminates just enough space in the wheel wells without me bouncing all over the place.? Yes, admittedly, I used to be one of those kids that? would speed around in a slammed rice rocket back in my college days (about ten years ago) and don't feel like going back to that.

Robbo, if the ride height is anything like my 2000 530 Sport, than it just isn't low enough for my taste (I'd like to eliminate some of the wheel well space).
[snapback]109334[/snapback]
Well, it's a bit lower. About 1 - 1,5cm (0,4 - 0,6"). So OK I'm with you. But if my car would have been equiped with sport susp. I wouln't have replace them (I think...). On the other hand, I'm super satisfied with the H&R's

Have a look here for pics: My car

/R
Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Members

Robbo, that is a sweet ride! I love the black...personally, this will be my third black BMW.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

ACS is the same as Eibach, just to their specs. And because it's ACS, it's gotta be that much more expensive

Stock shocks should be up to the task, but they will definately wear out much quicker.

Quick Reply: Spring Recommendations