E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 04:42 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 560X

Originally Posted by tryingtobebest
You never describe which paddles your going with (DCT or SSG???) They are different! If im going to guess your doing this install on 8speed trasmission (which you also not indicated, whats wrong with you dude?)
By guessing and kinda knowing that if shifter goes back to D it means coding is wrong, so your best bet is to leave it in Wert_00 where its happy, you should look into one of the 3 main areas: resistors at paddles, your ground or both of the wires has to be going from paddles to mechanics! <THIS SENTENCE is very confusing but true since I don't know your full setup!
Sorry SSG type paddles and 8 speed on e60?!?!?! 6 speed gearbox. Where should go the second wire besides ground?
P.S Error in EGS 5087 "EGS: Hardware, inputs, one touch function" when paddles coded to wert 01 or wert 02.

Last edited by sdmotorsport; 07-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:43 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 560X

Anyone other opinions?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by sdmotorsport
Hello, sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I have problem. Car is a E60 525D LCI NX51, I try to install steering wheel with paddles which I've done before on 530xd and works like charm. BUT here is my problem: I updated EGS before starting with SP Daten v66. I ran the wires from the SZL to ground and to the connector in the Ebox, removed $205 from VO and added $2TB, coded kombi and EGS and the result is: When I press the GWS to D/S it returns itself to D and paddles not working neither on D or on D/S. Tried many combinations paddles wert00 to paddles wert02, tried updating the GWS and killed it, so got another one and the same thing. GWS returns to D when pushed to D/S and paddles not working. Can anyone confirm if its possible at all to get the paddles working on 525d lci? Or the problem is in me somewhere? Thanks.
P.S. When paddles set to wert00 in EGS the GWS does not return to D itself, but the paddles are not working either.
525i also did not have it as an option, but, I was able to retrofit it. The only issue is that there was no updated EGS firmware for it, however, I did not have any issue with it, i just did not get S1-S6. But, the rest of the stuff worked pretty well.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Touring
Default WinKFP failed

OK, realize this is an old thread but hoping someone has the knowledge to get me out of a jam.

I tried applying this mod and got an error in WinKFP (error 211)

I've tried searching this error and the few posts I've found are unrelated or don't have details on the fix. I was able to update the DME ECU without issue, but EGS fails with the same error. I've checked my settings and tried changing the config of WinKFP to no avail. Hoping someone can help as I can now only turn on the engine - EGS doesn't seem to be recognized and I don't get any lights (PRND etc) on the selector and nothing on the cluster.

Here is my identification from INPA (from an old screenshot):

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:09 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by cschanner
OK, realize this is an old thread but hoping someone has the knowledge to get me out of a jam.

I've tried searching this error and the few posts I've found are unrelated or don't have details on the fix. I was able to update the DME ECU without issue, but EGS fails with the same error. I've checked my settings and tried changing the config of WinKFP to no avail. Hoping someone can help as I can now only turn on the engine - EGS doesn't seem to be recognized and I don't get any lights (PRND etc) on the selector and nothing on the cluster.
I don’t recall getting the same error, but my first attempt failed, and I got the same symptoms of a missing transmission. I had to use WinKFP in some sort of expert mode, manually setting up everything, and program directly to the EGS address. On the second try, I also put on a much stronger power supply and turned off all vehicle electronics, and it worked.

PM your email address and I’ll send you any of the documentation I created back when I did this a few years ago.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Touring

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
I don’t recall getting the same error, but my first attempt failed, and I got the same symptoms of a missing transmission. I had to use WinKFP in some sort of expert mode, manually setting up everything, and program directly to the EGS address. On the second try, I also put on a much stronger power supply and turned off all vehicle electronics, and it worked.

PM your email address and I’ll send you any of the documentation I created back when I did this a few years ago.
Great to hear from a fellow Yellow Jacket. I have fond memories of playing ice hockey there in the late ‘90s to early ‘00s.

I appreciate the reply. I reached out to BimmerGeeks and they directed me to Bimmer ECU solutions. I worked with Levan and he tried to remotely resolve the failed flash but was unsuccessful. He mentioned that it looked like I did the right process (in Expert mode in WinKFP) and I probably had a bad cable or some other issue. I tried two separate cables, so who knows?

(he refunded my money and I thanked him for his time - highly recommend his services, fast, courteous and professional)

In the end I ended up having it towed to my local independent (Bavarian Performance Group) in Woburn, MA and they were able to resolve it with ISTA/P. (Also highly recommend their services). In the end I was only out the cost of a software update (which they also performed).

It it sounds like I should probably just use XHP, MHD and ProTool and leave the factory software to pros.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:25 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (E61)
Model Year: 2010 E61

@Wpg550 which part number is the heated M Sport wheel?
Old 01-14-2020, 01:00 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: LCI E61 530xd allmost full now with SAT
Model Year: 2009
Engine: M57S

With or without paddles?

Timiboy
Old 01-14-2020, 06:53 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (E61)
Model Year: 2010 E61

Originally Posted by timiboy
With or without paddles?

Timiboy
With.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw e39

@Laco19 You are still here ? I want to retrofit the M5 steering wheel in my non facelift e60 ( 2005) . I don't know what type is my steering wheel with paddles ! I can wire it to work on my car ? Thank you

This is the steering wheel !

Or maybe anyone from here who now how to wire ?

Last edited by benysound; 01-17-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit