E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sport seats with memory retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Default Sport seats with memory retrofit

Hey guys,

My E60 has the basic seats, which are not very good and I've been itching to swap em for better ones for ages now. I've got sport seats with memory recently, but there's something I don't get.

Both seats have a control module on the bottom, but only the driver's seat has memory? The control modules are basically identical, so can memory be 'added" or programmed for the passenger too? I've seen some cars that have memory for both seats and the comfort ones are always both with memory, so what would I need, besides the obvious panel with memory buttons? And can it be done at all?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

That's a good question. Unless it was offered in any e60, the coding if nessary will be the issue. You can use all the driver side electronics to power the pass side. The modules and switch use the same plug, but since there is no option for it, it may be an issue, the wiring may not be present.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60

From what I've read so far, dual memory seats are option for any E60 since 2004(there's some weird stuff about the 2003 model, not sure there, but not important).

What really bothers me is the control modules in the seats look exactly the same and have the same wiring. I'll examine them in detail again, but I haven't been able to find a difference.

In case you're wondering, the seats are in great condition and I couldn't pass on em, but from right hand drive car and mine isn't. While I'll happily live even without the memory, it be nice to have.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

I replaced my standard heat and memory with comfort seats,and found all the wiring and modules the same. If it was an option,then you should be able to utilize it. Yes, the switches are useable between the two seats. I'm not familiar with the earlier e60, but I can tell you that from 06+, the seats work with out coding if your swapping heat for heat. Unless you want the active seats,then you would need all the wiring. Change the switch and see what works.