E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Split Second Turbo Tuner Bav auto is offering 40hp gain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone install this or know anything about it? It seems like a pretty good value compared to the Dinan Flash but is it really that easy to uninstall?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Haven't heard of that one: JuiceBox 1 $179, Juicebox 2 $379, Vishnu $1300, Dinan $1900
Old 02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='528202' date='Feb 6 2008, 08:26 PM
Haven't heard of that one: JuiceBox 1 $179, Juicebox 2 $379, Vishnu $1300, Dinan $1900
Yeah I had yet to hear of it either $599 at bavarianauto .com

Here is the description:

1)Enhance Performance by up 50 ft-lbs and 40 horsepower at the wheels
The Turbo Tuner is an embedded control solution that works seamlessly with the stock ECU. It works on demand meaning that once the engine is in boost and throttle position is increased, the boost is increased. This increase in boost builds in a smooth, progressive fashion as the throttle position is increased. The Turbo Tuner is not a boost controller. The boost of the engine is always being controlled by the stock ECU. Therefore, the quality of how boost builds and is managed is completely preserved.

2) Easy to Use
The Turbo Tuner is a true plug-and-play solution that can be installed or uninstalled in seconds by the customer. This is a major step forward in convenience compared to ECU re-flash or hard-wired piggyback controller solutions. Both of those alternatives take considerably longer to install. Unlike an ECU re-flash, after the Turbo Tuner is removed, there is no trace that it was ever there. Unlike a hard-wired piggyback, the stock wire harness is left untouched.

3 )Maintain Stock Drivability
The Turbo Tuner does not change the characteristics of the engine in the vacuum region. This assures that the drivability, fuel economy and exhaust emissions are completely stock when driven with light throttle. Every effort has been made to assure that the smooth and refined character of the car is not adversely affected.

4)Preserve Reliability
Every aspect of the inherent protection features built into the stock engine management system is preserved In addition, the design features a soft limit circuit that avoids over-boost. This protects the engine from potentially damaging boost spikes. There is also a temperature compensation protection circuit that lowers boost at elevated under-hood temperatures.

5)Highest Product Quality.
The Turbo Tuner is built using surface mount technology and state-of-the-art, pick-and-place automated assembly.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

there's plenty of aftermarket chips for the twin turbo

these are the most popular ones
Procede (most popular)
Active Autowerkes
Juice Box
Turbo Tuner
Dinan
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='528219' date='Feb 6 2008, 09:30 PM
there's plenty of aftermarket chips for the twin turbo

these are the most popular ones
Procede (most popular)
Active Autowerkes
Juice Box
Turbo Tuner
Dinan
Yeah just looking for anyone who may have installed the Turbo Tuner as I like the idea of being able to pull it out unlike the flash and juice box.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

since the 535=335i in engine, refer to this thread from another BMW forum:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...archid=3566154

btw, I would buy it used. Check with Turbo Tuner if the chip from a 335 is applicable to a 535
Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Any of the above not void your warranty?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim/Anthracite Headliner Premium and Sport Package Comfort Access/Navigation/HD Radio/iPod/Logic 7/SAT/PDC Sprintbooster Split Second Turbo Tuner BMC Air Filter

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='528221' date='Feb 6 2008, 10:44 PM
since the 535=335i in engine, refer to this thread from another BMW forum:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...archid=3566154

btw, I would buy it used. Check with Turbo Tuner if the chip from a 335 is applicable to a 535

i've just received my Split Second Turbo Tuner (SSTT) and pre-purchase, confirmed with them that, Yes, this will work with the 535. Funny thing is, I've got the chip before I've got the car...though its scheduled for delivery in April. The waiting is pure torture.

I'm not too concerned with the possibility of voiding the warranty as I plan to take it out before each scheduled service.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Grey/Black leather 535xi - Premium, Ipod, Cold Weather, Dinan Stage 2, Sprintbooster

I have it installed in my 2008 535xi. Install isn't quite as easy as they say, but not very difficult. Much easier than the other piggyback units that need access to the ecu. Officially, it does void your warranty, but you just have to unplug it before you go in for service, it doesn't leave any evidence. Very reliable, throughly tested not to damage the engine and good bang for the buck. Easy mod for some more zip. Definitely adds to the "seat of the pants" feeling.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by mskjason' post='528845' date='Feb 8 2008, 09:19 AM
I have it installed in my 2008 535xi. Install isn't quite as easy as they say, but not very difficult. Much easier than the other piggyback units that need access to the ecu. Officially, it does void your warranty, but you just have to unplug it before you go in for service, it doesn't leave any evidence. Very reliable, throughly tested not to damage the engine and good bang for the buck. Easy mod for some more zip. Definitely adds to the "seat of the pants" feeling.
Can you give me the link to where you purchased it from. I am very interested

Quick Reply: Split Second Turbo Tuner Bav auto is offering 40hp gain?