E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI 550i GT Exhaust arrived and JBSPEED Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I am SOOO happy!! I've already found out a way to get the box in my car (not sure how), but I can't wait to leave work today. This bad boy is going on this afternoon!!! I'm tired of watching everyone's video. This morning before heading to work I made a quick video of the cold start so I have something to compare to once the install is complete. I'll share it with everyone once hopefully by the end of the week. I had to resort to watching 545i videos to get an idea of the sound, but now there will be one more 550i video for everyone to see

Thanks RPI!!!

Also, I received my spoilers from JBSPEED today. Oh what a day - what a day!!!! Spoilers look Great too!! Again, not sure how I got both huge boxes in my car. Spoilers will go on this weekend since I will need time to tape down and wait.

Pics and video coming to a theater near you - lol
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1008175' date='Sep 15 2009, 10:25 AM
I am SOOO happy!! I've already found out a way to get the box in my car (not sure how), but I can't wait to leave work today. This bad boy is going on this afternoon!!! I'm tired of watching everyone's video. This morning before heading to work I made a quick video of the cold start so I have something to compare to once the install is complete. I'll share it with everyone once hopefully by the end of the week. I had to resort to watching 545i videos to get an idea of the sound, but now there will be one more 550i video for everyone to see

Thanks RPI!!!

Also, I received my spoilers from JBSPEED today. Oh what a day - what a day!!!! Spoilers look Great too!! Again, not sure how I got both huge boxes in my car. Spoilers will go on this weekend since I will need time to tape down and wait.

Pics and video coming to a theater near you - lol

Sounds Amazing!! VERY HAPPY!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails RPI 550i GT Exhaust arrived and JBSPEED Spoilers-rpi_550.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Premium Package, Navigation, Comfort Access, L7 Sound 2004 FX35, Sports Package, Stillen CAI

Congrats man.... Glad you liked it!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

how come no body posts vids of the sound...during traffic?...going from 40-60...60-80 with windows down or up...HMMMMM...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good stuff Karl
Old 09-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Contributors

I can try to get some video at various speeds, but doing it myself may be hard. Also, since I've had it for a day now, I do like it a lot. When I cruise I really don't hear it much at all, but when I give her some gas - OH MAN!! Another thing I noticed is when I start to slow down my gears (i have an auto) downshift and I can hear a little rumble with each gear change - sounds nice!

On another note, I had to travel to Fort Lauderdale this morning. I was cruising at about 80 mph and decided "what the heck" I punched it and I was over 100 mph MUCH quicker than with my stock muffler (which I kept - not sure why - lol) I haven't really launch her yet, but I do notice a quicker take off than before. I obviously have more power and I'm not just trying to trick myself into believing I do.

For those with upgraded exhaust, what should I expect over the next few weeks, months as far as change in sound or performance. I've never had a performance exhaust or any upgraded exhaust before. I'd like to know what I should expect over time. Prior to waiting for RPI to release the 550i I was tempted to get a Magnaflow, but one of my friends (has a M3) suggested it was junk and would wear down and sound terrible. Glad I waited for RPI.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Contributors

It will get louder with time.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1009045' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:12 AM
It will get louder with time.
wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
Old 09-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Cool

I also wanted to mention that the muffler spot I went to thought the exhaust was beautiful. When they opened the box they laughed at first and I asked why. The guy said it looks like they were shipping glass. I assume because of the foam RPI used. All that mattered was it came intact and Dent\Scratch free. Also, they said a lot of effort and craftsmanship went into the making of the muffler. They told me normally you have issues bending pipe more an 2 1/2 inches (or whatever he said, not sure what he means) he said I should get some good power from it cause the bends look very clean, etc.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 550

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1009054' date='Sep 16 2009, 08:20 AM
Cool

I also wanted to mention that the muffler spot I went to thought the exhaust was beautiful. When they opened the box they laughed at first and I asked why. The guy said it looks like they were shipping glass. I assume because of the foam RPI used. All that mattered was it came intact and Dent\Scratch free. Also, they said a lot of effort and craftsmanship went into the making of the muffler. They told me normally you have issues bending pipe more an 2 1/2 inches (or whatever he said, not sure what he means) he said I should get some good power from it cause the bends look very clean, etc.
sounds like RPI really knows what theyre doing

Quick Reply: RPI 550i GT Exhaust arrived and JBSPEED Spoilers