E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit seat full elec.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I would like to change my electric seats to put full electric with heat.
Is this the same connection?
I need coding?

Mine:
Retrofit seat full elec.-20111113_002.jpg
Retrofit seat full elec.-20111113_004.jpg

New :
Retrofit seat full elec.-8875682908.jpg
Retrofit seat full elec.-8831856796.jpg
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Hi mate they should work fine without any coding as you have memory seats already

I fitted the same sport comfort seats but mine have the extra headrest bit the supports the neck
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Regarding the connection it's the same
Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Members

Hi,

You already had seat modules, so no problems in connecting those from the new seats (black connector). Seat heating is not wired between seat and the car, it is just wired in the seat. The seat module receives the information to turn it on via CAN bus, which you already have wired due to seat memory. All other comfort functions of the seat are also controlled from the seat module.

But, check the yellow connector wiring!
IT is important that the new seats are not a US spec if you have a Euro spec car.
Check on WDS (it can be found online) the connections for the passenger seat occupancy sensor wiring. Newer seats might have a different detection mechanism, but essentially it is 3 wires (+, GND and OC_K signal evaluated by SGM or ACSM). I recall that on LCI the driver seat has also a seat occupancy mat, but if not connected to the car does not hurt in your case.
Also, the new seats will probably have the active headrest function wires you don't have (pins 21, 22). You can leave them disconnected.

If you did not have seat heating before it needs to be coded to the car. Either at dealership with "Retrofit Path" or with OBD cable and SW. In that case follow procedure: Seat heating ($494) will have to be added to the VO and coded to the modules (FAS and BFS) afterwards. Probably also in CAPPL set the parameter "SITZHEIZUNG_APP9" to aktiv.
If you want to finish it clean, the new seat modules need to be flashed with your VIN, otherwise they will show the original VIN where they came from. It does not make problems with dealership SW if you don't do that.

Important! Before swapping seats disconnect battery. Otherwise you will have airbag lights on immediately when you disconnect the yellow connector.

Also, check the seat belt tensioners. I cannot tell exactly from the picture, but it seems the new ones have been deployed (they are shorter). Re-use the ones from your seats.

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Members

The seats are from a rugged LCI (EU).

It's the same seat belt tensioners ?

I had heard of a differnece the yellow connector.
Do you know DIY or guide?

I don't have heated seats but I have a friend who can code $494 and VIN.

I need a new module with two buttons?
Retrofit seat full elec.-1266177918.jpg
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stecom90
The seats are from a rugged LCI (EU).

It's the same seat belt tensioners ?

I had heard of a differnece the yellow connector.
Do you know DIY or guide?

I don't have heated seats but I have a friend who can code $494 and VIN.

I need a new module with two buttons?
Attachment 128183
To my knowledge the seat belt tensioners should be the same. They only have 2 wires, but change resistance when deployed, so car knows they are invalid.
Do your homework in WDS, get familiar with the pins in the yellow connector, sometimes the wire colours are not exactly the same, but the order is.

Move your seats to the highest position, so you can later reach the screw that holds the tensioners. The seatrails have 4 torx 50 screws, you have to remove (unclip) the plastic covers at the ends to reach them. When you remove all screws disconnect the battery and unplug the seats. Then you can swap. To remove the seat belt from the passenger seat you need to remove the plastic trim of the seat. On the driver side, depending on the year, you either do the same or if there is also a buckle for the other belt tensioner you remove the adhesive strap and push beneath the small nut with a screwdriver to release the buckle.

Replace the tensioners. You will need to open the yellow connector housing to pull out the pins from the old tensioner. The loom is made in one piece, no connectors in between.

Assemble the other way round.

It is the right module in the picture. Check on realoem the correct part number. There are versions with and without connector for the electrical steering column. With are for SA456 - comfort seats.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Members

Thank you very much for your help.

I'll look for in WDS
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Members

I don't know much about electricity, it is difficult to know which wire corresponds to what.

Can you show me an example with WDS and a real connection?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: Plucked bmw.....

To avoid opening new topics, i'll put my question here.

I also have standard, but fully electric +memory seats, and would like to swap them with (used) comfort one, which i have bought.

Since both are full electric, i thought it would be almost simple plug and play, but it turned out, that when i have connected the comfort ones,
they were not functioning in no direction, like they did't have any power supply, but over the OBD they were detected, both left and righ.

My car is from 4/2006, and the comfort seats are from car 5/2005.
So i assume, that there maybe is a problem with a different seat module?
If so, what could be done here or is the problem elsewhere?
Do I need special coding of them or a new seat module, or just reprogramming of it?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:34 PM
New Members

My Ride: a few BMW's

Any advice on where one can find comfort seats? I can't seem to find anything for sale for a BMW F10

Quick Reply: Retrofit seat full elec.