E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit Folding Mirrors to E61 LCI (2009)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:21 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D Touring
Default Retrofit Folding Mirrors to E61 LCI (2009)

Looking for some advice. I've recently retrofitted folding mirrors to my car. In order to get everything working I had to buy new looms for the doors, a new control switch and of course new mirrors. The fit went well and with the coding I've got the driver side working fine (you can move the mirror and it folds with the button and the key). Unfortunately the passenger side is completely dead - even the mirrors don't move. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-22-2013, 04:49 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 01/04 545i - 19" Alloys

Originally Posted by stevens71
Looking for some advice. I've recently retrofitted folding mirrors to my car. In order to get everything working I had to buy new looms for the doors, a new control switch and of course new mirrors. The fit went well and with the coding I've got the driver side working fine (you can move the mirror and it folds with the button and the key). Unfortunately the passenger side is completely dead - even the mirrors don't move. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Steve
Hey Steve,

Did you code both mirrors, they should pop up in ncs expert one after another, i forget the exact name, but i coded autofolding on lock by the keyfob and i had to program both modules .

short of that, is the passenger mirror getting power?

- Matt
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 AM
New Members

Hello; thanks for getting back to me. The only area I've coded is the KGM - because my car is a LCI/facelift it doesn't have individual modules in each door, there all controlled from the KGM as far as I'm aware. With ref power, I think you might be right but I'm just confused as to where/how to check. I don't know if maybe I need to feed any new wires to the new wiring loom on the passenger side (driver side I just swapped out and it worked fine).
Old 09-23-2013, 03:45 AM
New Members

Ahh you're right, I forgot about the module integration in the newer E60s, my head was in pre-lci code mode. . I don't know the pinout to the mirrors, I have the WDS at home and can check for you in a few days, you could compare voltages between the two mirror connectors though, do you have a multi meter handy? I don't think the loom will need any new wires, I think it's just power and data.

Good luck, Matt
Old 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM
New Members

Matt - if you could give any steer on the pin outs that would be great (no rush). I've fitted the right looms so it may just be a pin that's in the wrong position for the new looms. A shame really as the driver side worked straight away....
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 PM
New Members

just did some reading:

you might have to rewire the KGM post #8: https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...irrors-113800/

i found this thread too that might be what you need to do in a DIY, best of luck

DIY for SA430 mirrors - 5Series.net - Forums

- Matt
Old 09-25-2013, 06:30 AM
New Members

Mate - that's spot on - I think you've nailed it. Looks like I need to run a lin bus from the mirror to the KGM and also a 7a feed to the fuse box. A massive thanks. I've never wired anything to the KGM before so I think I'll have to do a bit of research before I pluck up enough courage :-) thanks again for your help ..
Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM
New Members

No problems at all Stevens71!! Thats what this forum is for

Good luck with the wiring, keep us posted on the progress
Old 02-23-2015, 05:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09 535i

Originally Posted by stevens71
Mate - that's spot on - I think you've nailed it. Looks like I need to run a lin bus from the mirror to the KGM and also a 7a feed to the fuse box. A massive thanks. I've never wired anything to the KGM before so I think I'll have to do a bit of research before I pluck up enough courage :-) thanks again for your help ..
Hey, any update on this my car is an e60 lci do you have a diy on this?
Old 04-27-2019, 11:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi 6 speet m tech

any updates on this, so the drivers mirror needed no extra wiring while the pass mirror did?

Quick Reply: Retrofit Folding Mirrors to E61 LCI (2009)