E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Radio unit change to navi

Old 10-14-2017, 01:59 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d
Model Year: 2006
Default Radio unit change to navi

Hi. Im new to this forum and could use some help from e60 experts

i have the "standard" small screen with no navi and want to change to the big screen 8.8inch? And with navi. I have changed the screen easy install but the radio unit i don't understand. I have picture of the radio unit i have here

And this is the new one

The blue "radio frequency" or radio signal or what it is i don't have that cable on my old radio unit. Anyone can help me retrofit this? Thanks in advance
Old 10-14-2017, 04:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Your going to need the nav front facia, heated seat/dsc module,,and possibly the console trim, Also the nav wiring harness, and satellite antenna if you don't have Bluetooth,,you will have to uggrade the shark fin. I'm going to do the same thing, I'm installing an lci ccc in my pre lci only because I bought a 535 for an engine swap. Your going to have to dig hard, as this unit depending hat your putting in, is years old. The nessasery coding is the last step. It's work, but feel these cars should have been loaded like the his.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530d
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by JuniorB
Your going to need the nav front facia, heated seat/dsc module,,and possibly the console trim, Also the nav wiring harness, and satellite antenna if you don't have Bluetooth,,you will have to uggrade the shark fin. I'm going to do the same thing, I'm installing an lci ccc in my pre lci only because I bought a 535 for an engine swap. Your going to have to dig hard, as this unit depending hat your putting in, is years old. The nessasery coding is the last step. It's work, but feel these cars should have been loaded like the his.
I searched for the wiring harness but couldn't find any, or how to 'reconnect the pins' for that matter.
I decoded my vin and found this " S8SA Navigation access request,country-spec. " this doesn't mean i have the gps antenna right?
althought thanks for the answer i will see if i find the answers to it
Old 10-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Have you looked into the Bimmer-tech VividScreen? Might be an easier alternative and probably a better upgrade in my opinion.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:01 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

I can tell you what I'm doing, I pulled the whole body harness to wire it all in. There seems to be incomplete retros with this, as when it was affordable,,the did was coming out. Some has spliced it to work, but my car was a bare e60 and I want all the goodies that were optioned. I came to the conclusion that if I wanted it done, I was going have to do it myself. Now I can see why it's $8400!

Search this Thread